X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra vxr vs 182 vs civic type r

Hello

I have been reading through a few of the old post and i can see that people are saying the ctr can keep up with there astras??

Well i had a clio 182 before my astra and i used to be able to eat ctr in it, they didnt even stand a chance, my mate had a type r and we used to race everywere. he gave up after a few goes at me because i kept pulling away from them.

Now what i am trying to say is if my 182 can beat a ctr then surly the astra will leave it for dead.???

What the old posts are trying to say is a ctr is the same speed as the asta so that must mean my clio was quiker than the vxr astra. i find that hard to believe.

Now when i have posted things like this before on different forms people would say things like a clio cant beat a ctr, clios are slow.well i have beaten every type r that has tryied it with me.

what do you all think??

i think the clio would put up a fight but soon as you hit a long straight the vxr would create big distance
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Ive also owned a 182, ATR and VXR. VXR was the quickest of the lost. The 182 never really impressed me on the performance angle - great handling made up for the lack of poke.

Comment

It is important to differantiate between the old type r's which are slower, or the newer ones 53 plate onwards with the new drive train, they are the ones that are much much quicker. 51 plate to 53 plat type r's are as good as useless.

I ruined a 182 in my standard astra including a complete crunched gear change from 1 to 2.

I had a new type r in front of me the other day, he remained steady at about 45 mph with me behind and suddenly booted it. I was in fourth, and stayed in fourth and floored it. The gap between us never altered although he did get a few metres once I had realised had floored it and responded. Never got a chance after that for a 1 on 1 as he went a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
          It is important to differantiate between the old type r's which are slower, or the newer ones 53 plate onwards with the new drive train, they are the ones that are much much quicker. 51 plate to 53 plat type r's are as good as useless.

I ruined a 182 in my standard astra including a complete crunched gear change from 1 to 2.

I had a new type r in front of me the other day, he remained steady at about 45 mph with me behind and suddenly booted it. I was in fourth, and stayed in fourth and floored it. The gap between us never altered although he did get a few metres once I had realised had floored it and responded. Never got a chance after that for a 1 on 1 as he went a different way.
          My mates typer is a 54 plate.

to be honest i am a bit ****** now as i could easily woop a type r in a 182 and now i hear the astra is not much quicker.

Damm

Comment

i still love the astra though

Comment

Having driven both the 182 ans the type r I would say there is no way a clio would win. It revs to a lower rev band, has less power and is french? The type r imo is only milliseconds slower than the astra...

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                Having driven both the 182 ans the type r I would say there is no way a clio would win. It revs to a lower rev band, has less power and is french? The type r imo is only milliseconds slower than the astra...
                Trust me on this one, so many people say you must be lying how can a clio beat a type r, but when i had the clio i would prove most people wrong. the person i am at work with had a type r and he said to me he cant belive that a little clio could pull away from him.

When i sold my clio someone wanted to no how fast it was (boyracer) and his mate had a type r so i asked him to come along for a test drive. I killed his mate aswell.

Just trust me on this one, my clio beats type rs and i havnt lost a race with one yet.

But no i have the astra so hopfully i wont have to prove it to anyone that the clio is faster.

My mate has a 172 and we used to race around everywere. we used to go looking for type rs to race as there is alot of them about.

He would beat them aswell. so it aint just me.

I used to be a member of clio sport and they had vids that prove the clio is faster.

The only thing is after 100 the type r would start catching up and then go past when i was doing 130.

So up to 100 the clio is alot faster but over that the typer would win.

Sorry about that being abit long but i had to try prove my quote.

I have been around clios and type rs for years now as my mates have a few type rs and clio and the clio lot always take the piss out of the type r lot, because the type r lot throught they wer faster untill we proved them wrong.

Rite i am finished going on now.

Comment

tbh i dont know why people are overly concerned.

the astra may be quicker than a type r but the cars power is only a certain amount of who would win in a race.

if i never had another race ever again i wouldnt be bothered.

what makes me smile is a nice quiet road and giving it some, enjoying your self and having no competition.

as long as yor happy with the car/power, who gives a **** what any one eles thinks
                  stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                    tbh i dont know why people are overly concerned.

the astra may be quicker than a type r but the cars power is only a certain amount of who would win in a race.

if i never had another race ever again i wouldnt be bothered.

what makes me smile is a nice quiet road and giving it some, enjoying your self and having no competition.

as long as yor happy with the car/power, who gives a **expletive deleted by Admin** what any one eles thinks
                    Very true i am jsut young so enjoy racing and beating someone lol

I do love the astra but i cant belive an ctr can keep up with it, i will just have to wait untill i find one on the roads.

Comment

my old xe (2l 16v)nova used to **** all over type rs and my astras faster than my xe nova.

astra vxrs are up there with evos and scoobs so i dont for one minute think a type r will keep up.

they may have 200 brake or there about but they have very little torque, and you have to rev the knacers out of them to get any real power.

im sorry but before the type rs gimmicky v tech came in id have been long gone
                      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Dont rise to it Andy, you were doing so well too! lol

Comment

lol...
                          thought id grew out of this....

i feel like goin type r hunting now to settle it
                          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                            my old xe (2l 16v)nova used to **** all over type rs and my astras faster than my xe nova.

astra vxrs are up there with evos and scoobs so i dont for one minute think a type r will keep up.

they may have 200 brake or there about but they have very little torque, and you have to rev the knacers out of them to get any real power.

im sorry but before the type rs gimmicky v tech came in id have been long gone
                            Thats all i wanted to hear i feel happier now lol

I was just a bit upset that a type r could keep up thats all

Comment

think about though, even if it did it would be like a fat ugly guy chasing a handsome bloke (like me)

the fat guy may keep up but the handsome guy always looks best!

sorry im getting carried away now, im refering to my car as a handsome guy :?
                              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X