X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help newby.

Hi newby here. Mitch 66. I have to be honest I'm no petrol head but
    bought the wife a VXR Astra about 6 months ago. Am having probs.
    Is this the right forum to post in?

yes it is mate welcome and fire away.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

What probs you having - this is the official VXR forum posted to by owners including official vauxhall reps and tuners. There no problem too big or too small on here.

Comment

Boring one I'm afraid to you guys but my local network Q dealer is giving
        me the mushroom treatment. Thanks for taking an interest.
        Bought car bout 6 months ago from Rowcliffes in Devon. Std red one.
        Was registered March 06 so its not a year old yet. Been great fun. Wife
        loves it and I get the odd thrash on a weekend too which is cool. Couple
        of weeks back I noticed a strange noise when changing up gear. Only
        way I can describe it is its like the noise a compressor on an old fridge
        makes when your dragging it down the tip. Took it to local NQ dealer
        who thought it may be cam belt. Its been there 2 weeks now while we
        have to drive round in a 4 horsepower Focus they lent us (boring).
        They have now said they have changed the turbo but the variable inlet
        port thingy seems knackered too. I m told they are waiting for a roving
        Vauxhall technician to visit cos they are not getting the right readings
        on the computer?
        Anyone else heard of this sort of problem and am I being fed *****?
        Car was still driving fine- I was just worried about the noise.

Comment

Sounds like your car has issues, possibly unique/serious ones.

Focus on the good news, the car IS being seen to, it IS in the right hands and the dealer ARE taking responsibilty. I know of a few on the forum who have not been so lucky.

It WILL be sorted under warranty in the end and your likely to get some new parts for free as a result. Hey you may even get a new car if they cant diagnose a problem.

Stick with it and it will be sorted soon. Dont beleive anyone else on the foum have had these issues, although every so often someone gets their own unique problem. Rflowers had a retarding 2nd cylinder!!!

Comment

Cheers for that. I was just wondering if it was a regular problem.
            Thanks for the info.

Comment

I think 2 weeks and no answers is taking the p1ss personally. Is there nobody in the dealers competent to deal with the problem themselves. No wonder you feel messed about.

Comment

Ive never dragged an old fridge to the skip before

Comment

They should be treating you a little better having purchased a vxr and no answers in still unacceptable. Foccus on the bright side for sure but dont let them know your doing that, you should still go there and kick ***.

Comment

OK if you are unhappy witrh the results so far log a call to the customer services on 01582-721122 and get a case reference. The field engineer should have given you a date when he will be attending. I would suggest you are present just to explain your side and to ensure everyone knows whats happening.

Comment

sorry to hear about your problems mitch but it will get sorted just keep pestering them but politely , and welcome to the site
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

have you noted the mileage down before you left it?? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but you would be surprised what people would do to drive these cars!! i would be ringing them every day for an update and calling in at least every couple of days unexpected.

Comment

Thanks you guys. just for info my car was delivered back today all
                          shiny and nice. Funny thing was though they left it in the next street
                          with keys posted through the wrong door!!! Nice surprise for the bloke
                          with the renault 5!!!!!!!!!!
                          All sorted now though. Thanks again for your interest.
                          John Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch66
                            Thanks you guys. just for info my car was delivered back today all
                            shiny and nice. Funny thing was though they left it in the next street
                            with keys posted through the wrong door!!! Nice surprise for the bloke
                            with the renault 5!!!!!!!!!!
                            All sorted now though. Thanks again for your interest.
                            John Mitchell.
                            Thankgod he didn't think Santa had left a late pressie for him!!

Comment

John not heard of a veriable intake on the LEH but i could be wrong.

Darrenmight be able to help try sending him a pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X