This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Pressure

Just wondering what the overboost pressure and holding pressure is on a VXR.

Can anybody tell me?

ring 1 of the tuners eg courtneys thorneys regal etc they will let you know mate
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Cheers will do, just curious really

Comment

think it was 16psi over boost than about 12psi but now its 24psi over boost back to 20psi cs3

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Thanks Dave, will be fitting a boost gauge so wanted to know pressures to see if shes boosting and holding properly.

Comment

that will all depend on where you get the gauge from if its accurate or not also will change due to different conditions like temp load up hill but in the whole should be ok.

Dont forget the gauge is for indication perposes and not to be taken as fact.

Comment

I'm just curious what the purpose is of actually having a boost gauge?? and what if any advantages are there??

Comment

Dont forget the gauge is for indication perposes and not to be taken as fact.
                Yep, I will only be using it to keep an eye on the boost pressures to see if she's running correctly (no leaks etc).

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                  think it was 16psi over boost than about 12psi but now its 24psi over boost back to 20psi cs3

Standard cars should be 16psi peak and hold about 12psi but does depend on the car (turbos and boost controllers can vary).

Comment

Working...
                  X