This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Nut covers have gone white!!!!!

Just had the car cleaned and all the wheel nut covers have gone white on the end!!!!!!! Every wheel is the same.

Has anyone else noticed this... also do you think VX should replace under warrenty??? Surely the silver shouldnt rub off on a car 5mths old????

Mmm dont use ACID on them.

Comment

I personally haven't unless the car cleaner people did. Used the handwash place at Farcet.

Comment

thay do use a cleaner in a spray pump up bottle well the one ive seen do, loads for sale on ebay.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Think I may opt to get some metal ones for it

Comment

metal one ?.

Comment

I think you can get metal nut covers like the plastic ones we have now. Better have a search on the net to see!

Comment

i actually got this on mine tonight, only a little on one nut cover after i cleaned it. but with a quick scrape with the fingernail it came off. wasnt there before i cleaned it.

Comment

what did u clean it with bud.

Comment

I had this loads of times on mine...But i managed to aquire a few spare sets :wink:

Its caused by Wheel Acid, Try to avoid using it, and use a specialized wheel cleaner from someone like Autoglym or Megs.

When i was working at Vauxhall, the valeters found this kept happening to the cars they were cleaning, had to replace loads of sets

You wont get it under warranty im afraid
                    sigpic
                    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

what you need is a citrus cleaner as its less or even non corrosive.

Comment

i dont think i used acid on it, it was just a quick clean gets so dirty this time of year it was just a bucket with hot water and a power hose i thought the hose may have took the colour off it. but not, had a scrub with my hand and its fine so im dunno what caused it.

Comment

A good set of nuts is most important when you have a car like this

Comment

Mel same old same old......

Acid based cleaners are not for general cleaning but for getting rid of badly pitted wheels and brake dust oh and wheel nut protection....

use

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produc...7b76a7459e389d

on your wheels and nuts and clean with

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produc...roducts_id=238

diluted 4:1

Trust me!!
                            HeavenlyDetail
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Or Zymol Wheel clean, surely you should've mentioned that Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X