X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurburgring remus CAT replacement.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the best place to get a new cat to replace the factory fitted one that came with the remus exhaust when new?

I believe my cat is not working anymore and need to get a new one but not getting any answers from vauxhall or anywhere else...

Thanks

Welcome to VXRonline

Any good exhaust company should be able to weld in a new cat,

Vauxhall will charge you for a new exhaust

Your location will help us, to give you some companies names.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderburg View Post
      Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the best place to get a new cat to replace the factory fitted one that came with the remus exhaust when new?

I believe my cat is not working anymore and need to get a new one but not getting any answers from vauxhall or anywhere else...

Thanks
      Depends what your budget is and if you want to keep your car stock or tune it. If it was me I would buy a sports cat section which will just bolt onto the existing exhaust. But your looking at around £400 for that.

Or if your on a budget there are plenty of VXR breakers around who might have a OEM cat section. Try Torque Motors

Comment

Speak to Adam at Enhance performance he can make them up for about 320 I think?

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Comment

Thanks guys I'm based in the northeast.

So is there nowhere that would supply the cat separately that you would get if you bought a new remus system?

Cheers

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks

Bad news first:- They dont make them anymore !

Good news:- The main distributor in the UK - Walkinshaw Performance sell a replacement unit but they are slightly expensive and are 300cells as opposed to the original 100cell units fitted by 888 originally

Price last time I looked was £ 600 + VAT but you get the whole front section for that

http://www.walkinshawperformance.co....ontent=exhaust
            sigpic

Comment

You could try REMUS UK ..................... as they made separate unofficial batches of the exhaust NOT authorised by VX, as VX own the tooling rights ( hence no stamp on the tailpipe )
              sigpic

Comment

When mine went on my Burg, I had a local exhaust fabricator fit a 200 cell sports CAT, coast £325
                sigpic
                Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
                Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
                BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
                'Clique' # 1

Comment

Originally posted by burgerken374 View Post
                  When mine went on my Burg, I had a local exhaust fabricator fit a 200 cell sports CAT, coast £325
                  ^^^^ best alternative
                  sigpic

Comment

Still got my 100 cell cat on my burg 7 years and counting lol

Comment

Originally posted by nurburgring24 View Post
                      Still got my 100 cell cat on my burg 7 years and counting lol
                      I should think so how you drive Perry
                      sigpic

Comment

lol rich that's not nice lol

Comment

Originally posted by GymJunkie View Post
                          Depends what your budget is and if you want to keep your car stock or tune it. If it was me I would buy a sports cat section which will just bolt onto the existing exhaust. But your looking at around £400 for that.

Or if your on a budget there are plenty of VXR breakers around who might have a OEM cat section. Try Torque Motors
                          That's what I want to do is keep car standard and just replace the cat and not the whole exhaust a there's nothing wrong with the rest of it.

Is there any cats out there that are the correct size already to directly replace the existing one without any adjustments? I thought there would be more on this as I've read it is a common fault on this cat.

I will try a few breakers.

Comment

That's what I want to do is keep car standard and just replace the cat and not the whole exhaust a there's nothing wrong with the rest of it.

Is there any cats out there that are the correct size already to directly replace the existing one without any adjustments? I thought there would be more on this as I've read it is a common fault on this cat.

I will try a few breakers.
                            You could try breakers, however you may find yourself in the same boat ..... any proper exhaust manufacturer such as JP Exhausts in Macc' can do this with their eyes closed
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm in the same situation, there was a second hand cat for sale on eBay, bit you can never tell what life it has left.
                              I've opted to get a local exhaust fabricator to weld a 200 cell cat in.

Comment

Working...
                              X