X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change speedo led's

www.crazyleds.co.uk

i bought the kit from this guy through his e-bay shop and it included very clear instructions with pics of all the stages. he has also been very helpful and good communication.

you will need a soldering iron with a fairly fine nib, tweezers, phillips screw driver, torx T10 and patience!

i didnt take any useful pictures while i did mine but i can explain fairly clearly how to do it if somebody wants as it isnt that hard to do.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=2745 click for pics of mine. could also be green, red or any other colour that you can get the led's in.

i am going to be changing the rest of the interior lights to match and will take pics for a proper how to on that but it will take a while.

You finished off the led's yet mate?

I've done all mine except the speedo...

You got any how to pics yet?
    sigpic
    Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

will post some good pics when its all back, just wait in for a few new bits i have been making.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

hi vxrdave.........looks good !! is it a pain to do ? and i would think they are done with smd's not led's... could you let me know how many you got and size and were you got them from. be doing mine in blue cheers m8
        sigpic
        WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
          hi vxrdave.........looks good !! is it a pain to do ? and i would think they are done with smd's not led's... could you let me know how many you got and size and were you got them from. be doing mine in blue cheers m8

try this chap
          http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/

Comment

thanks will give him a try
            sigpic
            WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
              thanks will give him a try
              no probs if you check his site it gives you the led's in kit form for radio/door buttons etc also e mails you pics of how to do it

Comment

http://www.ledconversions.co.uk/

this fella is top man and not so dear, its a bit of a job but as long as you can use an iron youl be fine. just orded blue set for the oil burner £55, you will need 6 normal leds 4 for the over head int lights ans alarm censors, the alarm one is bult in to the switch so need stripping down,2 for the door catch lights ,you will need 100 pc2 smds 3 pc4 smds 20 1206 smds and 10 0805 smds. Be very very carefull with the speed unit as it need to be stripped right down and the small screen is very very friagile, also the car will not start with the speedos out. if you pm me i will give you my no them you can ring me if you like.

Comment

I ve got your number and i will be ringing you and hopefully you will have a very shiny car...
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

no worries mark will do.

Comment

Thanks Dave,,,,(Marc proceeds to get his star wars bounty hunter gear on with blue flashing led,s and runs up the road screaming "EUREKA")
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

This could spell trouble just had the cdc30 mp3 out of my 07 astra and its not the same as the one in the vxr, vxl have changed suppliers and the smds on the new one are not anything like the old ones, thay are on the back of the motherboard and have hole for the light to come through, i have not come across this type before and im not too sure about getting them off, will need to have it apart again when i have a bit more time. looking at a cdc 40 next week on a 4 week old zaf so will keep you posted. ps the new cdc30 mp3 as 9 radio pre sets the old as 6.

Comment

a chap that sells the diffrent colour led's is doing this offer
                          http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.u...ad.php?t=29922

Comment

id love to do this but sounds so tricky, takin dash apart etc and soldering
                            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes View Post
                              a chap that sells the diffrent colour led's is doing this offer
                              http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.u...ad.php?t=29922
                              thats the guy i used hes top fella

Comment

Working...
                              X