This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foggy tail lights.

Has anyone else had this problem?? Had my Astra VXR just less than a month, and in damp or wet conditions the top inside of the tail lights fog up with condensation, has never happened with any other Astra's Ive owned, I will be taking it in to get checked out, but thought I would ask if any of you have experienced it.

mine do it too mate. tbh i think all sport hatches do it.

im gonna take it into vaux and have whinge when i get time
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

there isn't many new cars that this doesn't happen too any more!!!

Comment

Ye it happems to me too, must be a common problem, its annoying though!!

Comment

Ive had 2 Astras previous to this one, the most recent was an 06 cdti sri est, It never happened to that, this is the first car ive had this happen to, It will be going in, surely if theres damp getting in, its going to affect the electics? corrosion?

Comment

Got a point there mate :wink:

Comment

Im not much of an expert on things like that, but i do know water and electric dont mix

Looks like its something that needs nipping in the budd, so i will be taking it in tomorrow to get some advice, will let you all know how I get on. :wink:

Comment

It always happens to mine too. Especially the right side.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxell
                  Search the forums there is plenty about this common problem on the VXR Astra

Comment

Yep mine does it aswell, toke it back to vauxhall and they said there is nufin i can do about it

Comment

They will do something is after 3 hours of the lights on there is still fog there, the thing is they change them and the new set does the same. Unfot it just a Astra thing not limited to the VXR range

Comment

Originally posted by MStacey
                        If you know where it is on this forum can you put a link up for me to have a look at??

Called into my local dealership today, and because its a sunday there were only sales people to talk to, this is what i was told, Inside the light clusters theres a small breather valve, and if this gets clogged up it causes the lenses to fog up, you get the same problem on the headlights of some astras too. And Im to take it in during the week for a techy to look at.

If these breathers are clogging up after a few weeks of me owning the car well then they are obviously no good and a different one should be used.

Comment

mel is right if your lights are on for more than an hour and they are still fogging up it becomes a warranty thing and you can get em changed mine are terrible and will be getting em sorted soon mine never dry out and its in a garage all night
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by MStacey
                            No need for me, I've read them all. This is not a problem in my mind.
                            sigpic

Comment

no cos yours are covered in snow for 11 months of the year max
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X