X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im 24 2 years no claims im £450 a year

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Greenlight im sure you need to be 21 for an Astra. Tbh just having a vxr at 19 will be expensive and any of the companies that are likely to insure you at that age for that car will then hike it up because its modified as they are not insurers that aim to cover modded cars.

Best just to shop around and be honest with what is modded on the car imo. Get some quotes and play them off against one another.
      Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Comment

Originally posted by VXR-z20 View Post
        Hi mate, I'm 20 years old and have 2 years no claims, I got a VxR and just have myself on my insurance as it's cheaper after the first year, I have declared every mod running stage 2.5 a insured up to 350bhp for £2,410 with Brentacre the only other that got remotely close was Adrianflux but they aren't very good when it comes to claims

Hope that helps, call them up and get a quote and whatever they say trust me they say they can't go lower but give them a competitive quote and they beat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wow that seems really cheap! i'll ring them and give them a go to see what they say!

Comment

Originally posted by GymJunkie View Post
          What is it with kids buying fast cars then complaining they cant insure it.....
          I can insure it? I just asked if there was any ways to lower the cost? where did I say 'I cant insure the car' ?

Comment

Originally posted by a.passap View Post

hes not complaining about it....heres merely asking for advice or tips on how to reduce it further than the quote hes had. i believe that's what the forums are for.

nice unhelpful comment there!!!
            Thanks mate! I can afford to insure the car otherwise I wouldn't of bought it but I was asking if people knew of ways to lower the cost that's why I asked the forum lol didn't need the sarcastic comment from him.

Comment

Thanks everybody for their help!

Comment

Originally posted by Jiron14 View Post
                Thanks mate! I can afford to insure the car otherwise I wouldn't of bought it but I was asking if people knew of ways to lower the cost that's why I asked the forum lol didn't need the sarcastic comment from him.
                nah mate no worries. just didnt think it was a very helpful comment thats all.
                Arden Astra VXR/Millteck Race double decat/FMIC/direct route/Pipercross cone/forge recirc/Courtenay actuator/XEV inlet cam/EDS Inlet manifold/Blue&Red SMD/L.E.D footwell lights/Roof, Spoiler, bootstrip & mirrors wrapped satin black/gloss black door strip grille and lower splitter/18" TD 1.2s/MTEC short shifter/stage 3.5 SMTuned/Ignition cut/braided brake lines/dimpled&grooved discs/ferrodo ds2500 pads/pioneer double din/JL W6 12" sub

Comment

A decat voids MOT, which voids insurance, but you declared the decat and they were ok with this?

Just wondering.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

£4000 to insure a vxr under 20? That's insane you'd even consider doing this. I was 19 when I got mine 6 years ago and payed under 2. Looking back I wish I never.
                    Arden Astra VXR
                    Black e92 320d
                    Silver e92 335d
                    Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
                    Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

Im 20 paying silly money on a Corsa VXR Clubsport so I imagine the Astra would be another massive hike. Let me know if you find anywhere cheap lol.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
                      White VXR Clubsport.

Comment

Yeah it was over 3k for my first year when I was 19 but just got a new policy with adrian flux and they managed to slash it by over half

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi.

I'm 19 and got a VXR with a decat exhaust, lowered and an induction kit with a Dump valve. Does anyone know any cheat ways to reduce the insurance policy price without deliberately lying? I've already added my parents as named drivers etc. any other tips?

Thanks
                          One way to reduce the insurance is to take on a higher Excess. This may sound daft when you want to reduce your insurance, but if you do make a claim you have to consider what it will do to your next premium and the ones after that! If you unfortunately have a prang and it costs £1k to fix, would you claim on your insurance if it was going to hit you when you next renew. I wouldn't. I'd pay for the repairs myself. Just see what the premium would be with a £1k excess. It might make a big difference, or it might not. Worth checking as this is the only easy way of reducing the premium.

Comment

Hi,
                            When you need insurance please feel free to give us a try. If you wanted to PM some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
                            Regards,
                            Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] FLUX View Post
                              Hi,
                              When you need insurance please feel free to give us a try. If you wanted to PM some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
                              Regards,
                              Dan.
                              I tried a quote with you and you wanted £6,000 lol

Comment

I tried a quote with you and you wanted £6,000 lol
                                😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I always get quoted daft amounts from these lot.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                                Arden Astra VXR/Millteck Race double decat/FMIC/direct route/Pipercross cone/forge recirc/Courtenay actuator/XEV inlet cam/EDS Inlet manifold/Blue&Red SMD/L.E.D footwell lights/Roof, Spoiler, bootstrip & mirrors wrapped satin black/gloss black door strip grille and lower splitter/18" TD 1.2s/MTEC short shifter/stage 3.5 SMTuned/Ignition cut/braided brake lines/dimpled&grooved discs/ferrodo ds2500 pads/pioneer double din/JL W6 12" sub

Comment

Working...
                                X