This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension knock

Fitted my coilovers last week and went for a test drive yesterday. On both side I have a loud banging noise when I hit a bump. Not normal coilover noise.
    Everything is tight, the only part that ain't is the clips that go on the top of the strut, as I haven't got big enough grips but have some up my dads house

Would that be the noise, it sounds like something worn, can't be top mounts as they was fine when they was on the old strut.

It about 60mm drop, I need the camber set up.
    Eat Sleep Boost Repeat

i have the same issue. first thing to check i guess is the dropl;ink as they are fairly cheap to buy and replace
    Arden Astra VXR/Millteck Race double decat/FMIC/direct route/Pipercross cone/forge recirc/Courtenay actuator/XEV inlet cam/EDS Inlet manifold/Blue&Red SMD/L.E.D footwell lights/Roof, Spoiler, bootstrip & mirrors wrapped satin black/gloss black door strip grille and lower splitter/18" TD 1.2s/MTEC short shifter/stage 3.5 SMTuned/Ignition cut/braided brake lines/dimpled&grooved discs/ferrodo ds2500 pads/pioneer double din/JL W6 12" sub

Comment

I think I remember about the strut bolts hav to go a certain way??
      Eat Sleep Boost Repeat

Comment

There no play In the links though? Bugging me now
        Eat Sleep Boost Repeat

Comment

I had this on my old car leon cupra r and it was the drop links I had to buy shortend ones not sure if case for you but worth checking
          Stage 2, Remus, DAPs, direct route aem, de badged, double din screen, wind deflectors, tints all round, gloss black fog surrounds window trim boot strip and all honeycombe, insignia washer jets, led side lights and 6k hid kit.

Comment

apparently standard droplinks are fine unless you go really low. im going to get them changed anyways because the knock is doign my head in
            Arden Astra VXR/Millteck Race double decat/FMIC/direct route/Pipercross cone/forge recirc/Courtenay actuator/XEV inlet cam/EDS Inlet manifold/Blue&Red SMD/L.E.D footwell lights/Roof, Spoiler, bootstrip & mirrors wrapped satin black/gloss black door strip grille and lower splitter/18" TD 1.2s/MTEC short shifter/stage 3.5 SMTuned/Ignition cut/braided brake lines/dimpled&grooved discs/ferrodo ds2500 pads/pioneer double din/JL W6 12" sub

Comment

Mine dropped on the deck on the front wount all the way down. I've checked drop links seem all fine. I've tighten it up and still there!!
              Eat Sleep Boost Repeat

Comment

With mine they were fine in the air but when lowwerd car back down drop links were hitting the rack or drive shift can't remember now so mite be fine wen u jacked up but knock wen back down
                Stage 2, Remus, DAPs, direct route aem, de badged, double din screen, wind deflectors, tints all round, gloss black fog surrounds window trim boot strip and all honeycombe, insignia washer jets, led side lights and 6k hid kit.

Comment

I've replaced the drop links before my mot early this month.
                  I've replaced one side and that side has stopped knocking.
                  Just the other side doing it. So the drop links are knackered in under 500 miles. Weird.
                  Eat Sleep Boost Repeat

Comment

I dont mean the drop links are knackered mate I mean they mite be too long now ur so low

Comment

Originally posted by Matt702 View Post
                      I dont mean the drop links are knackered mate I mean they mite be too long now ur so low

I've raised it 30mm. It seems to r one side now, I guess everyone using standard drop links in a 30mm drop
                      Eat Sleep Boost Repeat

Comment

Working...
                      X