This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tapping noise on idle

Hi everyone. When I'm sat in car I can hear a tapping noise from the engine when the car is idling. When I rev the noise goes until settles back to idle. Can't hear it when I stick my head in the engine bay. Wonder what it could be..

cracked turbo manifold? Does it go away after car has warmed up?
    2007 ARDEN BLUE ASTRA VXR
    18" F005 Fox Racing Wheels - PiperX Induction Kit - Heko Wind/Rain Deflectors - Eibach Pro-Kit

Comment

im sure i had this and somebody said to me its the injectors going up and down thats normal apparently....but still get another opinion lol just incase its not lol

Comment

No mate if anything can hear it slightly louder when it's walmed up, u have to really listen for it though. Maybe it's just me trying to hear something haha

Comment

weird question, but have you checked the oil level?
          2007 ARDEN BLUE ASTRA VXR
          18" F005 Fox Racing Wheels - PiperX Induction Kit - Heko Wind/Rain Deflectors - Eibach Pro-Kit

Comment

If the tapping sounds like it's coming from behind the driver door hinge (from inside) or behind the right hand side repeater (when outside), then it's the charcoal canister valve clicking and nothing to worry about.
            Last edited by PraetorIan; 21 December 2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Yes mate was the first thing I checked when I started to hear it. Il check and see if it's coming from where u mentioned mate. Thanks for the advice ☺

Comment

Originally posted by PraetorIan View Post
                If the tapping sounds like it's coming from behind the driver door hinge (from inside) or behind the right hand side repeater (when outside), then it's the charcoal canister valve clicking and nothing to worry about.
                I have a tapping like clicking on idle can hear it as u said from inside drivers wheel arch and around the wing is that what this is then ?? I was worried it was a belt or something but I'm only on 38k
                Red calipers , factory fitted full AFL's , painted bootstrip , cobra Exhaust ,19 inch diamond cut alloys, full tinted glass,de wipered, metal pressed plates,maxton front splitter, Team heko wind deflectors, vxr grille badge...

Comment

Turned out to be a stone in door seal. How the hell it got there i don't know haha merry Christmas everyone
                  Last edited by tomvxr91; 24 December 2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X