This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsd time!

I've decided to take the plunge and get an ATB lsd.
    My question is what's a reasonable price to have one fitted?
    RS tuning stage 3 Astra Vxr. Airtec stage 2 intercooler, Full remus, Turbosmart recirc valve, Forge actuator, Whiteline RARB, Quaife LSD, DAP-R lowering springs.

I paid £130 inc oil to have my quaife fitted
    WG Motorworks Fully forged Astra Vxr Arctic ...
    Rabbid tuned... TD Stage 3 hybrid, Piper valve springs, piper cams, klasen inlet manifold, Courtney cdti conversion, Airtec front mount intercooler, 3" scorpion exhaust, Turbosmart actuator, Forge recirc valve, Quaife LSD, Helix Clutch & SMF, Rear anti roll bar, blue & red SMD conversion , bi xenons and CD70

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic martin View Post
      I paid £130 inc oil to have my quaife fitted
      Ahh nice. I'm going for a quaife. Was it a big improvement over standard?
      RS tuning stage 3 Astra Vxr. Airtec stage 2 intercooler, Full remus, Turbosmart recirc valve, Forge actuator, Whiteline RARB, Quaife LSD, DAP-R lowering springs.

Comment

Diff and brakes best mod and such a difference

Comment

Originally posted by nurburgring24 View Post
          Diff and brakes best mod and such a difference
          I have some decent brakes at the minute. Also have a rarb fitted and that made a massive difference. Hoping for the same type of feeling from the diff

Comment

I've only ever driven these with a diff fitted so can't tell you how different it feels, but out of the VXR boys who have driven mine to compare it they say it is 'twitchy' compared to a standard car. It does tend to jerk a lot under acceleration but just takes some getting used to. You will love the power delivery though mate
            Astra Edition #105
            Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
              I've only ever driven these with a diff fitted so can't tell you how different it feels, but out of the VXR boys who have driven mine to compare it they say it is 'twitchy' compared to a standard car. It does tend to jerk a lot under acceleration but just takes some getting used to. You will love the power delivery though mate
              How twitchy are we talking because I reckon the standard car when you pushing on abit feels unsettled haha

Comment

Originally posted by Liam8 View Post
                How twitchy are we talking because I reckon the standard car when you pushing on abit feels unsettled haha
                Put it this way a mate of mine had a 350bhp nurburgring with no diff. I let him drive mine and his arms were being tugged all over the place when he planted it

I've heard it is the way they work when you put the power down, they just react differently but hug nicely in corners. Plus mine is quaife so will be different to yours mate
                Astra Edition #105
                Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                  Put it this way a mate of mine had a 350bhp nurburgring with no diff. I let him drive mine and his arms were being tugged all over the place when he planted it

I've heard it is the way they work when you put the power down, they just react differently but hug nicely in corners. Plus mine is quaife so will be different to yours mate
                  Yup I get what you mean, like torque steer but kind of violent when the wheels grip

Comment

Best mod money can buy imo, when I had my Astra I had one fitted at Halifax gearbox when I had the box done, they took the standard diff as payment for fitting the new one which I was happy about as I had no use for it.

Comment

If your on / off throttle in the corners it will be twitchy as the diff is moving power to the wheel with most traction when under acceleration power, if you keep changing throttle input mid corner that is what will give you that twitchy feeling as the power is being applied then taken away then applied etc etc. You need to apply a constant throttle mid corner and then power out of it.

With the standard diff the power goes to the wheel with least traction so mid corner you wouldnt notice it as much if you keep changing throttle position as the inside wheel will be spinning up and outside wheel will just continue rolling with cars momentum.

ATB diff shouldnt be too twitchy unless you literally going changing from full throttle to none. Try a plated diff and then you really will notice even a slight change in throttle pressure
                      Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Comment

Originally posted by X8 DUD View Post
                        If your on / off throttle in the corners it will be twitchy as the diff is moving power to the wheel with most traction when under acceleration power, if you keep changing throttle input mid corner that is what will give you that twitchy feeling as the power is being applied then taken away then applied etc etc. You need to apply a constant throttle mid corner and then power out of it.

With the standard diff the power goes to the wheel with least traction so mid corner you wouldnt notice it as much if you keep changing throttle position as the inside wheel will be spinning up and outside wheel will just continue rolling with cars momentum.

ATB diff shouldnt be too twitchy unless you literally going changing from full throttle to none. Try a plated diff and then you really will notice even a slight change in throttle pressure
                        Very insightful mate thanks! Do it make a difference in a straight line or just In the twists?
                        Plate diffs sound ermm... fun haha

Comment

Originally posted by V13_URG View Post
                          Best mod money can buy imo, when I had my Astra I had one fitted at Halifax gearbox when I had the box done, they took the standard diff as payment for fitting the new one which I was happy about as I had no use for it.
                          Ahh good stuff. Yeah I'd go to halifax but I'd keep the standard diff. Can you remember a price to fit the lsd?

Comment

Originally posted by Liam8 View Post
                            Very insightful mate thanks! Do it make a difference in a straight line or just In the twists?
                            Plate diffs sound ermm... fun haha
                            The diff is there to put power down to the wheel with most traction and really only comes into affect in corners. Personally with the plated version I dont notice much in straight line, might help a bit with torque steer thats about it. Plated variants are spot on, but are noisy and can be very harsh when cold. When you are in a car park or going round a tight bend at low speed and the car sounds like its falling apart with everyone around looking at you, can be a bit of a pain. But in the twisties, it is the dog nuts
                            Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Comment

Originally posted by X8 DUD View Post
                              The diff is there to put power down to the wheel with most traction and really only comes into affect in corners. Personally with the plated version I dont notice much in straight line, might help a bit with torque steer thats about it. Plated variants are spot on, but are noisy and can be very harsh when cold. When you are in a car park or going round a tight bend at low speed and the car sounds like its falling apart with everyone around looking at you, can be a bit of a pain. But in the twisties, it is the dog nuts
                              I think the noise would put me off haha

Comment

Working...
                              X