This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of forging. Please help with yr advice

hi everyone, as the title suggests....i am thinking of going down the forge route so that when i have enough cash in the near future i can make a decision if i want to go garret or hybrid.

in the meantime i think i may as well get the rebuild out of the way so the majority of the work is done.

question are what parts would i need? im thinking rods (obviously) along with ARP bolts and single valve springs as well as retainers. is there anything that im missing in the list?

also, is there like a "one stop shop?"

im guessing warren g would be able to supply and fit all parts whenever he has got time but i was thinking if there is anywhere closer to the midlands that people could recommend as warren is 4 hrs away and getting back is going to be a pain in the jacksy not to mention going back down to collect the car!!!

and also, can anybody give me any sort of price that i would be looking at for the complete cost of the rebuild as i dont particularly like the feeling of having my pants pulled down unless from a very fine specimen of the opposite sex
    Arden Astra VXR/Millteck Race double decat/FMIC/direct route/Pipercross cone/forge recirc/Courtenay actuator/XEV inlet cam/EDS Inlet manifold/Blue&Red SMD/L.E.D footwell lights/Roof, Spoiler, bootstrip & mirrors wrapped satin black/gloss black door strip grille and lower splitter/18" TD 1.2s/MTEC short shifter/stage 3.5 SMTuned/Ignition cut/braided brake lines/dimpled&grooved discs/ferrodo ds2500 pads/pioneer double din/JL W6 12" sub

Courts quote about £1400 for rods, Worth giving them a call? They did my rods, retainers, stem seals, uprated engine mounts & a map for £2200 ish
    19's, IDS+, Courts Stage 4.
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/gar...vehicle&id=335

Comment

Originally posted by wissydean View Post
      Courts quote about £1400 for rods, Worth giving them a call? They did my rods, retainers, stem seals, uprated engine mounts & a map for £2200 ish
      thats great pal thanks for the ball park figure and the recommendation. i will enquire with them at some point. still very keen to gain whether or not i need to think about strengthening anything else? maximum id be going for if i went down the garret route would be 470bhp so pistons should be all good at that power.

and obviousl if i go hybrid then probs abt 340-350bhp
      Arden Astra VXR/Millteck Race double decat/FMIC/direct route/Pipercross cone/forge recirc/Courtenay actuator/XEV inlet cam/EDS Inlet manifold/Blue&Red SMD/L.E.D footwell lights/Roof, Spoiler, bootstrip & mirrors wrapped satin black/gloss black door strip grille and lower splitter/18" TD 1.2s/MTEC short shifter/stage 3.5 SMTuned/Ignition cut/braided brake lines/dimpled&grooved discs/ferrodo ds2500 pads/pioneer double din/JL W6 12" sub

Comment

Hello mate, you know Jordy with the Arden Astra from your neck of the woods?
        He's done all this recently so probably a good person to ask

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Comment

I'm running 340, still on standard clutch. Anymore & I'll be uprating it. Can recommend engine mounts. The pistons are OK for 500.
          19's, IDS+, Courts Stage 4.
          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/gar...vehicle&id=335

Comment

Originally posted by VXRRy View Post
            Hello mate, you know Jordy with the Arden Astra from your neck of the woods?
            He's done all this recently so probably a good person to ask

ahhhhh yeah i forgot about that bellend!!! ill call him seeing as though i have his number lol

Comment

Originally posted by wissydean View Post
              I'm running 340, still on standard clutch. Anymore & I'll be uprating it. Can recommend engine mounts. The pistons are OK for 500.
              yeah clutch was on my list but i was thinking more towards engine work while its all apart

Comment

Originally posted by a.passap View Post
                ahhhhh yeah i forgot about that bellend!!! ill call him seeing as though i have his number lol
                Yeah, give the bell a call lol

Comment

Originally posted by VXRRy View Post
                  Yeah, give the bell a call lol

Comment

Piper cams, with new timing belt and water pump while engine is all apart, that should be you sorted then.
                    Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

Comment

Originally posted by stevenbarrowVXR View Post
                      Piper cams, with new timing belt and water pump while engine is all apart, that should be you sorted then.
                      yeah they were the cam i were thinking about. and yeah good shout with the timing belt and water pump. ill get them added to the list as well then.

need to total up all the costs and book in some hours at work lol

Comment

Don't have to do cams btw unless your going to garret in which case they will make more of a difference. Your looking 3-5 k depending on weather u do Pistons or not and what turbo u go for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cams do make a difference mate even on the hybrid set ups, helps the car breathe better top end and also helps reduce the back pressure
                          Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

Comment

Different tuners mate, courts say don't bother unless you garret not worth money for few Bhp power difference. Also courts say std injectors are fine with our turbo so there is no correct answer just opinions 👍

Comment

And if u read it again I dodnt say they don't make a difference I said they make more of a difference with a Garrett 👍

Comment

Working...
                              X