This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel 6th

Had the diesel 6th fitted when I had my bearings done and what a difference !
    Used to be 3k was 80mph
    Now 3k is 98 mph
    Better mpg, higher top speed, supposed more people don't do it !
    The other bonus was the exhaust was a lot quieter aswell, recommend it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's decent, if mine ever needed doing I might do that

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 999VXR View Post
      Had the diesel 6th fitted when I had my bearings done and what a difference !
      Used to be 3k was 80mph
      Now 3k is 98 mph
      Better mpg, higher top speed, supposed more people don't do it !
      The other bonus was the exhaust was a lot quieter aswell, recommend it !

Is there any downsides too it?
      RS tuning stage 3 Astra Vxr. Airtec stage 2 intercooler, Full remus, Turbosmart recirc valve, Forge actuator, Whiteline RARB, Quaife LSD, DAP-R lowering springs.

Comment

Suppose that I have to down change to 5th if I drop to 70, don't really see it as an issue tho ! Warren said he's never done an Astra which after having it done i can't believe no one has bothered it's a mental difference

Comment

Suppose that I have to down change to 5th if I drop to 70, don't really see it as an issue tho ! Warren said he's never done an Astra which after having it done i can't believe no one has bothered it's a mental difference

5k redline in 6th?
          RS tuning stage 3 Astra Vxr. Airtec stage 2 intercooler, Full remus, Turbosmart recirc valve, Forge actuator, Whiteline RARB, Quaife LSD, DAP-R lowering springs.

Comment

What do u mean by that mate ?
            I've not taken it over 100 scince fitting new gear but my rev limiter isn't until 7.6k and I could go off the clock before this lol I reckon top speed around 190 lol

Comment

Did u think as it was a diesel gear it limited u to 5k ? Doesn't work like that mate, the Rev limiter for the Diesel engine limits gear to 5k not the gearing or box itself.
              There are no negatives to this conversion to be clear.

Comment

Did you buy it yourself or get the people who did your box to get it

Nice mod I must admit

Comment

Just got the people who did the box to get it mate, I know WG motor works does it aswell

Comment

Did u think as it was a diesel gear it limited u to 5k ? Doesn't work like that mate, the Rev limiter for the Diesel engine limits gear to 5k not the gearing or box itself.
                    There are no negatives to this conversion to be clear.

Ahh right mate I didn't know if it was the gear it's self that was limited to 5k

Comment

This is something I've been interested in for the long motorway trips. What sort of price if you don't mind me asking?
                      sigpic
                      OPC ةIRE- Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

Comment

This is very interesting. Sadly my gearbox has not long since been refurb end so I'd like to think it will be a while before it goes again.

If it does go again though I would certainly be interested in having this done as 90% of my mileage is motorway driving
                        Astra Edition #105
                        Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Any excuse to get a LSD fitted. Convince yourself that you'll be saving money.
                          sigpic
                          OPC ةIRE- Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

Comment

Haha oh I've already got the diff so I wish the previous owner had known about the 6th gear mod and had it some at the same time, but one of those things!
                            Astra Edition #105
                            Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Sorry for late reply been on holiday it was 800 all in with box in car with 2 day turnaround. Really happy with it, just need a long enough airfield and gps to find new top speed !

Comment

Working...
                              X