This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discs & pads

What discs and pads would be best to use on my car, would like advice on both the fronts and rears. Also which brake fluid should I use? I already have some braided lines to go on one I get a full brake setup sorted. The car will be getting used on track occasionally but is also a daily driver. Thanks

Pagid discs and pads along with Pagid dot 4 fluid for a standard set up. If you want a bit more stopping force anything by brembo or Ebc will do the job.

Sent from My S6 edge
    sigpic
    Rabbid Stage 3, Airtech front mount, GM Hids, Cobra Exhaust, Direct route ram air, EBC Disc's, Red stuff pads and Hel brake lines.
    The list goes on

Comment

I'm just running standard discs with yellow stuff pads, braided lines and uprated fluid

Comment

Originally posted by wellsy_mush View Post
        Pagid discs and pads along with Pagid dot 4 fluid for a standard set up. If you want a bit more stopping force anything by brembo or Ebc will do the job.

Sent from My S6 edge
        This is what I run. Great set up for standard

Comment

I'm looking for a more fast road/ track setup. Is there much benefit with grooved/dimpled discs over standard? Everyone seems to recommend yellow stuff pads so I think I'll go with them.

Comment

Apparently standard discs, EBC Yellow, super blue fluid and braided lines offer a decent Enough fast road set up if you can afford the big brake kit.

I'm going to go this route but opt for MTEC dimpled and grooved discs although they have started doing a c hook design which look pretty good

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VXRRy View Post
              Apparently standard discs, EBC Yellow, super blue fluid and braided lines offer a decent Enough fast road set up if you can afford the big brake kit.

I'm going to go this route but opt for MTEC dimpled and grooved discs although they have started doing a c hook design which look pretty good

By big brake kit do you mean the rear vectra conversion or something else? I was going to leave the rear calipers on for the time being. I'm basically looking at a similar setup to what you've described I'm just stuck on discs now. I noticed mtec are cheaper than ebc discs but euro car parts have a discount code atm "xmas". For ebc yellow stuff pads and ebc turbo grooved discs both front and rear the price is £379.02 down from £445.92. Is that a good saving or can they be found elsewhere for cheaper?

Comment

Actually now that I've looked it only says brake disc so I'm not sure if I've only priced up one disc for the front and rear lol

Comment

Euro car parts have Brembo discs and pads on offer at the moment Works out at about £90 ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Den8 View Post
                    By big brake kit do you mean the rear vectra conversion or something else? I was going to leave the rear calipers on for the time being. I'm basically looking at a similar setup to what you've described I'm just stuck on discs now. I noticed mtec are cheaper than ebc discs but euro car parts have a discount code atm "xmas". For ebc yellow stuff pads and ebc turbo grooved discs both front and rear the price is £379.02 down from £445.92. Is that a good saving or can they be found elsewhere for cheaper?
                    I've heard the EBC discs are naff and on that basis I'm not bothering. I was going to get the pads from Evans halshaw on here and the discs from MTEC direct. When I last costed it up the pads front and back were about 140 from Evans and discs front and back from MTEC about 180 quid

Comment

I haven't heard much about the ebc discs tbh but now that you've said that I think I'll stay clear of them. £320 all round sounds like a good price tho was the pricing of the mtec discs straight from mtec directly?

Comment

Yeah. Just off the MTEC site

Comment

I have Ebc discs all round with red stuff pads. Hel braided lines work well for me.

Sent from My S6 edge
                          sigpic
                          Rabbid Stage 3, Airtech front mount, GM Hids, Cobra Exhaust, Direct route ram air, EBC Disc's, Red stuff pads and Hel brake lines.
                          The list goes on

Comment

I don't mind what discs I get is preferred the cheapest possible that won't warp under hard breaking and I'd be happy with that. I'll send Evans a message and see what price they can do on the yellow stuff pads anyway

Comment

Have yellow stuff pads in my car and are shocking. They take no abuse. I removed pads removed the glass look and refitted pads. The pads came on the car with drilled and grooved discs . Will b going for a set of ferodo ds2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X