This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temprature gauges

Im looking into a temprature gauge to monitor the engine temprature. Whats the best one to get? Oil or water temprature?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Water is handy because the car never came with one. Although it is possible to view this from the settings menu

I prefer oil temp though as shows me when the turbo is safely warmed up and can also roughly gauge if you are losing oil from it too
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

I had boost, oil temperature and water temperature in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like those with the digital readouts!

Mine just came with analogue gauges:

Astra Edition #105
        Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Think im gonna get an oil temp one. Someone had a very good point about watching the turbo. I only have 1 pod space so cant have both unfortunatly

Comment

Im going to.get a digital oil one ive decided. Thankyou for your help.

What does it get wired into.

Comment

Originally posted by Benharlock View Post
              Think im gonna get an oil temp one. Someone had a very good point about watching the turbo. I only have 1 pod space so cant have both unfortunatly

If I was you then I'd definitely go water as you know to warm your car up and down so have a rough idea when it's gonna be hot before you boot it

Comment

Ok. I'll take your advise. Ahaha.

Guessing it taps into the water temprature sensor?

Comment

I bought mine as a full kit with a replacement water housing and thermostat with it taped so it was just plug and play

Comment

How much was the plug and play one?

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post

I had boost, oil temperature and water temperature in mine

I really like that looks very good how much did you pay for it all?
                      WG Motorworks Fully forged Astra Vxr Arctic ...
                      Rabbid tuned... TD Stage 3 hybrid, Piper valve springs, piper cams, klasen inlet manifold, Courtney cdti conversion, Airtec front mount intercooler, 3" scorpion exhaust, Turbosmart actuator, Forge recirc valve, Quaife LSD, Helix Clutch & SMF, Rear anti roll bar, blue & red SMD conversion , bi xenons and CD70

Comment

I bought the full lot and it was just short of £500 for the lot but it was the best of the best and a genuine gm housing and stat

Comment

Was it off add vxr?
                          WG Motorworks Fully forged Astra Vxr Arctic ...
                          Rabbid tuned... TD Stage 3 hybrid, Piper valve springs, piper cams, klasen inlet manifold, Courtney cdti conversion, Airtec front mount intercooler, 3" scorpion exhaust, Turbosmart actuator, Forge recirc valve, Quaife LSD, Helix Clutch & SMF, Rear anti roll bar, blue & red SMD conversion , bi xenons and CD70

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic martin View Post
                            Was it off add vxr?
                            Yes it was buddy! He supplied everything apart from the gauges I picked my own

Comment

Is this good enough? I wont be using the thermostat because im running a cold running 82 thermostat.

Comment

Working...
                              X