Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best lowering springs to go for??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best lowering springs to go for??

Thinking about getting my car lowered soon. need reviews on what every ones got. if you`ve lowered your car can you tell me what springs you`ve got, how it rides compared to standard, if it handles any different and how much it set you back.
    cheers in advance. Adski

i too am thinking about lowering, a few ppl on here have got eibach springs and have said they are very good. little or no diff to ride and slight better handling. there are two kits i believe, pro or sport. they lower by slightly diff amounts.

if you look in users car area there is a red one lowered on these springs looks pretty good. cant remember the price but prob around £120 for the springs??

Comment

yeah ill probably go for the sport line kit and lower it 40mm should look sweeeeet

Comment

Go for Eibach Sportline or Pro-Kit

Comment

You sound very confident in that. i will take your advice and get the sport line kit. ill post some pics wn ive got it done. thats about a 45mm drop. you think the wheels will rub on the arches? had that on my old corsa and it was a nightmare lol.

Comment

Mine doesent rub the arches,and i also have spacers on each side in 15mm from H&R

Comment

does that include the shocks in the kit or is it just the spring kit? what about 19z, would they rub with the kit?
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

No shocks, just the springs. the shocks and springs probably cost close to 800 quid.
                i hope it doesn`t rub on the 19`s or im f#*ked

Comment

Originally posted by wolfbane1967
                  i also have spacers on each side in 15mm from H&R
                  Spacers look great! Nice subtle mod.

Comment

Spacers???? :?

Comment

Spacers???

Now that is something I would avoid. OK for a clapped out Nova etc, but on a VXR??

Personally I would either not lower it or get a full kit. IMO the suspension set up is spot on and the shocks/springs work very well together...

Just my 2p

Comment

I agree. but the only reason i wanna lower it on just springs is for looks.
                        Would lowering it on springs alone do any damage to the shocks or any other part of the suspension? i`v got a couple of mates that have had their cars lowered on just springs, an there not a very nice car to b driven in :? but every 1 i have asked on here thats had theres lowered said its fine, no problems atall

Comment

i dont think you will have any issues with just uprated springs alone but what i beleive willf is trying to say is that the standard dampers on the VXR also incorperate rebound springs, these inturn have been set up by Lotus to work best with the standard spring rate giving you the optimal ride and handling, i opted for fully adjustable coilovers which has totally transformed the handling.

Comment

Oh right i see. ok thanks alot guys, you have been most helpful

Comment

This is the best Spacer you can get,it has center rings on it,and are in aluminum!! Makes the car very good in cornering.

Comment

Working...
                              X