This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver strips on vxr 06plate

I have noticed that an 06 vxr has silver strips just under the windows and my 55 plate doesnt, can you get these put on after?????

Shud i have them?

apperentley it's a hell of a job to do if it's not factory fitted.dont worry about it.mine has them but the factory did not fit the carbon fibre door trims on mine ,but each person likes diffrent things about there car.

Comment

You got any pics of yours without the strips? ive never seen 1 without em and wondered wat mine would look like without them on.

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
        You got any pics of yours without the strips? ive never seen 1 without em and wondered wat mine would look like without them on.
        check out users cars, I think vxrDave's car shows them without

Comment

Yeah i just looked there. i think i prefer it with them on. wat you think

Comment

not fussed either way really, think VXR'S look great with both

Comment

it's personal choice,each to his own.like i said my car did not have the carbon bits on the door pillers but i like it,though some may say it's better with them on

Comment

true

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes
                  apperentley it's a hell of a job to do if it's not factory fitted.dont worry about it.mine has them but the factory did not fit the carbon fibre door trims on mine ,but each person likes diffrent things about there car.
                  Your dealer should have fitted the carbon fibre door trims during PDI, not the factory (unless you have a black VXR of course).

Andy

Comment

i would love to get rid of my chrome strips under the windows , im not o big fan of chrome

any ideas ??

Comment

mate all windows need to be removed so its not a straight forward job

Comment

bummer

may buy a roll of insulating tape then

Comment

I love the strips, they are a must have imo

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                            I love the strips, they are a must have imo
                            Me too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                              mate all windows need to be removed so its not a straight forward job
                              Slight correction if i may.

The front doors its just a case of the different rubbers.

BUT

The rears when looking on EPC look like they come as part of the glass as it does not show a seperate rubber and glass. So not an easy fix and i would say not worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X