X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAR PLAYIN UP AGAIN!!!

Hi guys and gals,
    I can't believe it!!! the car went in about three times for this problem about 3 months ago, and i thought my vxl dealer had sorted it but its just done it again.

Basically when you get in the car and turn the key to start it, it doesn't do anything at all, not even a noise the light comes on the dash which shows a car with a spanner across it it takes about 3 turns to finally get started!!

I have had the plugs upgraded, but not sure about the coil pack, could it be this???

I really don't want to take it into them again cause it takes them ages to find fault and i don't really think they know there stuff on the vxr!!

So 'Thorney' if your watching let me know if i can add this fault to the long list i have waiting for you on 25th Jan!!

This might seem like a silly question, but do you have lots of other keys on the same keyring ?

dv.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinell
      This might seem like a silly question, but do you have lots of other keys on the same keyring ?

dv.
      yes!! the missi's carrys a bunch around with her!! and it was her that it has just happened to

Comment

I have the same problem now and again Nelly, im hoping to have TMS look at it for me when im down for the stage 3. I have no other keys on keyring so i can rule that out.

Comment

That sounds like a faulty CIM. It's a common fault that I have recently had sorted on my car.

Get your dealer to look it up on their system. The fault codes on the tech2 should tell them what is wrong and a search on their system should spell it out for them. I told my dealer what needed replacing but they still had to get the fault codes via tech2 and look it up. They eventually came back and said, yeah, CIM needs replacing!

As fair as the coil pack goes, check with them that it has been replaced also. The wrong spark plugs were fitted at the factory and as a result the coil pack can get damaged. I believe that both the plugs and the coil pack should be replaced not one or the other.

Hope that helps.

Comment

could it be a dicky battery messing with the key code and flagging the cars immobilizer system. we had a focus which did this on a huuuge bunch of keys the missus drags along with her everywher .

Comment

or..... cus it was a ford. I'd go with wot Ians saying

Comment

Just bear in mind that there's a tranponder in the car (not too sure where: ignition column?) that talks to the key. Lots of other keys can confuse this process, and you can end up in a "start prevented" situation.

Definitely worth trying a separate ring with just the car keys on.

dv.

Comment

just torch it nelly and get a new 1
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Mine done this on the day I got it, it was the missus keys who has loads of keyrings on, got rid of them and been fine since.
                    I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                      just torch it nelly and get a new 1
                      plenty of people who can do this for me up here!!! ya know what i mean!!! but i love it too much

Comment

Working...
                      X