X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Above Average Brake Set Up?

Evening peeps!

Completely noob to the brake set up business, so I'm hoping to ping a question to ya'll!

My current brakes (Standard VX) are due a change so I'm thinking of stepping it up a notch.

Now I've had a search through the forum and found a few brands to go off but need a definite yes/no.

Initially I was thinking Pagid brakes front along with Pagid Pads - Good move?

Then Courtenay 16g grooved brakes caught my eye along with Yellow stuff brake pads - A better move?

Any help suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Luke

Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

Are you likely to use it on track

Comment

I've just gone for MTEC discs, dimpled and grooved with yellow stuff pads all round with HEL lines and ATE TYP200 fluid (used to be super blue)

Getting it fitted on Wednesday so will report back then but including fitting it's cost me roughly just shy of 500 quid

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtricky View Post
        Are you likely to use it on track
        Normal road use mate.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRRy View Post
          I've just gone for MTEC discs, dimpled and grooved with yellow stuff pads all round with HEL lines and ATE TYP200 fluid (used to be super blue)

Getting it fitted on Wednesday so will report back then but including fitting it's cost me roughly just shy of 500 quid

Not a bad price then tbh, sounds like a good set up! What's the advantages of the HEL lines?

Cheers!

Comment

Brembos are a cheapish and relatively good setup.

K sports or ap's if you don't mind spending a chunk of money on them?

I'd stay away from any of the ebc pads, pretty crap tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSlow View Post
              Not a bad price then tbh, sounds like a good set up! What's the advantages of the HEL lines?

Cheers!
              Lines don't balloon under pressure as they are braided steel lines rather than just rubber.

Improves the feel when you press the pedal

EBC stuff as said above gets a mixed review. Some they they are crap but others good however haven't seen many good reviews of their discs so I steered away from those as they were quite dear. I went for the yellows as they supposed to be good when warmed up a bit and even though they weren't cheap they were much cheaper still than the ferodo ds2500 which as good as they supposedly were I wasn't spending 200 quid plus on front pads alone

Comment

I have the same set up as what Vxrry has said he is getting
                Can't fault it
                A massive improvement on the standard brakes!

Comment

Stainless steel HEL lines where the biggest improvement on my standard calipers. I also run EBC dimple and groved discs with red stuff pads. Good stopping power. But change the lines first go from there.

Sent from My S6 edge
                  sigpic
                  Rabbid Stage 3, Airtech front mount, GM Hids, Cobra Exhaust, Direct route ram air, EBC Disc's, Red stuff pads and Hel brake lines.
                  The list goes on

Comment

Originally posted by w1ngate View Post
                    I have the same set up as what Vxrry has said he is getting
                    Can't fault it
                    A massive improvement on the standard brakes!
                    Good to know!

Comment

Cheers for the info lads, on the hunt for some of the items listed above

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSlow View Post
                        Cheers for the info lads, on the hunt for some of the items listed above
                        Go to MTEC direct for the discs. Pads I found were cheapest on eBay but Ian at Evans Halshaw might have a deal for you on those.

As for lines...HEL direct are worth a look if not WG etc etc

Fluid I got from GSF car parts on a click and collectS they are a bit more than usual but they have a code GSF35 for 35% off so worked out just over 20 for 2 litres

Comment

Standard discs all round, braided lines, decent fluid, Ds2500 pads up front and standard in the rear

Also decent tyres, you could be running ap's, but with rubbish tyres you might as well bite the discs with your teeth
                          Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Comment

I'm running the EBC Ultimax disks with yellow stuff pads. At first I thought they were ****** and was going to have them removed, but once if done the proper bedding in procedure they work very well once warm

I went from standard disks and pads, so that's all I can compare to. Been thinking about getting the braided lines but don't know how to go about fitting them :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

EBC pads are pants. Put some DS2500s on, you won't regret it
                              VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Working...
                              X