This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting omp steering wheel help

Hi guys. I'm fitting a omp steering wheel with a weld on quick release boss. When I removed the cim. A spring shot out of it along with a piece of plastic! My question is, is it buggered!? If it is buggered what is the result of the problem, is the steering angle sensor integrated in it?

Thanks in advance..

That is to keep the steering angle sensor centred when the steering wheel is off. Doesn't affect the operation of the CIM, you just need to make sure it is correctly centred when you put the wheel back on. Instructions for centering are on the bottom right of the case.

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors
    www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

Cheers for your response mate. I'm just worried, as it just continuously spins!

Comment

It will do with the wheel off,

Center it before putting it back on or first time on full lock the ribbon will snap resulting in knackered CIM, airbag light on, no horn and no steering controls.

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors
        www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pecky View Post
          It will do with the wheel off,

Center it before putting it back on or first time on full lock the ribbon will snap resulting in knackered CIM, airbag light on, no horn and no steering controls.
          What's the process of centering it, is it just line the arrows up? Thanks for your help btw.

Comment

Like it says on the CIM itself

Rotate clockwise until tight and then counter clockwise 2 full turns (should be 2 1/2 from tight) then align the mark up

www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

That's what I'm saying Pecky. It doesn't go tight. Just spins round, and round...

Comment

So I. Guessing. I just put it all back together, and see if there's any fault codes...

Comment

Working...
                X