This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 888 brakes or AP?

So what's the diffrence then apart from price??

disk size 343mm to 335mm and the AP's have separate aluminium bells and the alcons/888 are a one piece ventilated disk

Comment

I would go for APs everytime, simply due to pedigree.

Comment

Have a word with David Peace, he has tested these brakes side by side, the Alcon 888 brakes do have pad compound choices

Comment

Same Price for Both.
          888's were developed for CDTi's
          AP's were developed for VXR's
          Both have Pad compound choices depending on customers requirements.
          Road, Fast Road, Track.

AP's EVERYTIME

Comment

as Dougie said

Comment

would courts grooved diecs and some uprated fast road/track pads not be ok to use with stage 3
              Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Its for shure ok with grooved discs corsa,but bigger discs and 4 pots are better

Comment

Both are good kits

But for Me the Alcon 888 kit has better pedal feel and more confidence when braking.

Only Downside is one piece Disc which doesnt look as flash as Ap Bell and they only come in red.
                  Ap advantage is they do red and OPEL Blue :wink:
                  Ap is a bigger Disc diameter but thinner in section

Everyone assumes Alcon have no Pedigree but they are used on Leading WRC cars, Honda FI , and V8 supercars in Aus

For Me 888 ALCON , always had good support and service from them.

Comment

Dave
                    Correct me if Im wrong
                    You have only driven the Alcons on CDTi's

As per my post above AP's were developed for VXR's
                    Alcons for CDTi's
                    Depending on Pads you will get different pedal feel.
                    That was confirmed in the testing of the Astra and Vectra kits

AP for me on Looks and performance

Comment

Alcon kit is around £400 cheaper than AP Kit. Pads for the Alcon's are also around half the price to those of the AP's

Comment

Both AP and Alcons are £1600 for Astra
                        You may be thinking the AP Vectra kit which is £1950

Both Pads are same price but as mentioned if you get Race pads you will pay more.
                        Like for like pads are same price

Comment

I Tried Alcons on VXR too they were tested on the Sprint .
                          You have Driven them too and you prefer Ap

The Ap brakes were brilliant on The sprint Car at Snetterton, so I have no issues at all with them

I will sell both, but as you well know Ap will fit cdti as well so its up to the customer kits work both ways, some people want ap for the pedigree, some want Alcon for the Pedigree , they are both at Top level, I spent 5 years Rallying and Racing Both makes so I know they both work.

But Remember one thing I have driven Both, I have fitted Both, and I have sold Both, so that makes my opinion fair and square :wink:

I know Ap is aimed at VXR as its branded that way but the best thing in these kits is both of them will cover all 5 stud Astra H models

People on here want the opinions of the people who have inside info

Thats what they got from both of us so to me that means the thread is working

Have A nice Day

Comment

Shock horror
                            Dave You've turned into a salesman

Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie
                              Both AP and Alcons are £1600 for Astra
                              You may be thinking the AP Vectra kit which is £1950

Both Pads are same price but as mentioned if you get Race pads you will pay more.
                              Like for like pads are same price
                              If this is the case then it as to be ap's the bells look the dog and you would think thay would cost more to make.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                              X