This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake callipers re-paint help?

Hi guys , Iv currently got blue calliper paint on them , but I wish to paint them black ... Best option to sand down the surface of the paint and then paint over with black ?

For the smoothest finest finish probably yea. Mine were painted red over the top of the standard blue and now the blue is showing through...looks naff n really need re-doing.

I wanted to put brembo transfers on top of the freshly painted set but theres not much space on the calipers. I love brembo calibers and use the pads.

Comment

Funny you mention yours because mine are currently blue and want them red but thought te blue light show through and now you have confirmed that for me , so black is the only other option ... So you know the best "vxr" stickers to buy to put on them too?

Comment

i got new calipers last year. sanded them down being careful of the metal wire/spring thing. and then primed and re sprayed in red. held out quite well so far. dont settle for black if u want red bud u may as well go all out and get the finish u want if they are already detached from the car
        Last edited by Vitaru; 6th May 2016, 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling errors.

Comment

painting is all about prep, good prep good finished product ! take your time when doing them

Comment

As above. Preparation is key.
            I completely dismantled mine when I painted them. Cleaned them all up. Sanded down and then passed them to the Mrs to paint
            She done a bloody good job. Just a shame they took ages to dry! Had them hanging on the washing line for a good 6 hours haha!
            If you're a bit ocd like me, get a small brush to touch up as when you put the pad spring back in you will scratch the paint guaranteed.

Comment

Did mine March of last year and they have held up really well and mine is a daily ! Literally yesterday had wheels off for a touch up and did the hubs gloss black to give a cleaner finish

Red calipers , factory fitted full AFL's , painted bootstrip , cobra Exhaust ,19 inch diamond cut alloys, full tinted glass,de wipered, metal pressed plates,maxton front splitter, Team heko wind deflectors, vxr grille badge...

Comment

Working...
              X