Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement of front brakes and pads??

I'm replacing my front brakes next week because as I drive there's a constant warping noise and like a judering feeling when I brake , Iv had the rear brakes replaced but i can only be the front ones ... Anyone know the best set to buy ? And what advantages it has ? Driving a nürburgring astra

MTEC do decent discs for the money. They also sell pads if you aren't fussed on a upgrade. If you want something a bit better then a set of EBC yellow stuff aren't bad at all.

You can do more like upgrade brake lines and add better fluid, these make a much better set up

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!

Comment

as above.

MTEC do good discs and you can normally find a package deal on fleabay for them for example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Astra-VXR-...gAAOSwymxVIuVF

they also do black edition ones. dont really know the difference apart from the colour and the price but if you just want the car runnng fine for now that link is a good start.

Hope this helps

Comment

The black editions have a black coating around them so they don't rust. Obviously the black will come off where the pads rub.
        Regal Inlet Cam, (nice and lumpy idle) Pre Cat Delete, Fully Forged by WG Motorworks (Wosser 86.5mm Pistons, Molnar Conrods, Stem Seal Retainers). Crossover Delete Wtih RAMAIR. Rear Vibra Fast Road Mount, Polybushed front and gearbox mount, MTEC Dimpled and Grooved Discs with Brembo Pads Standard map Goodyears X4 Miltek Catback @ 245BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Xxpeakxx View Post
          I'm replacing my front brakes next week because as I drive there's a constant warping noise and like a judering feeling when I brake , Iv had the rear brakes replaced but i can only be the front ones ... Anyone know the best set to buy ? And what advantages it has ? Driving a nürburgring astra
          In relation to std caliper setup......Dont bother with MTEC either get EBC Black Dashes or Std OEM discs and use OEM Ferrodo pads with both setups. Spend more money replacing the brake lines with proper SS braided lines and using proper race fluid

Job sorted and you will notice a difference ........

Only spending just shy of 1K would you notice a real big difference ...........
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRRy View Post
            MTEC do decent discs for the money. They also sell pads if you aren't fussed on a upgrade. If you want something a bit better then a set of EBC yellow stuff aren't bad at all.

You can do more like upgrade brake lines and add better fluid, these make a much better set up

Sent from my iPhone you Android Scumbags!!!
            I have found some grooved EBC discs front and rear with Yellowstuff pads all round on eBay comes in at like £415 delivered.

My question is, is it worth paying the extra for the EBC discs?

Or are MTEC just as good? I have seen a black edition kit on eBay with the mintex pads £225 delivered. I don't really want dimpled though just grooved and I'm not fussed on the mintex pads. Maybe if I went directly through MTEC I could get some grooved discs on their own for a little less?

I haven't looked into that yes because I got dimpled and grooved MTEC discs with Mintex pads all round on my old Corsa and whilst they were up to the job I can't say I noticed much of an improvement over the standard set up (apart from noticeably less brake dust!)

Any advice appreciated with regards to EBC or MTEC!

Comment

Is the car just used for road use or used on track at all?

Standard discs, Ds2500 pads, braided lines and decent fluid should be all you need for either tbh. Worth the extra money and will put up with far more potential abuse than ebc pads and discs

Forget about mintex stuff, cheap for a reason.
              Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Comment

Yeah I don't want mintex... I have two options. The EBC discs and Yellowstuff pads £415

Or I have priced up the MTEC black edition discs with Yellowstuff pads all round would come to around £365.

So is it worth the extra £50 to get the EBC or not do we think? I do like how the MTEC discs have the black coating and therefore won't rust.

I do plan to do the lines and the fluid at the same time yes.

Comment

Call Demon Tweeks and see if we still have a group discount on EBC Black Dashes
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                    In relation to std caliper setup......Dont bother with MTEC either get EBC Black Dashes or Std OEM discs and use OEM Ferrodo pads with both setups. Spend more money replacing the brake lines with proper SS braided lines and using proper race fluid

Job sorted and you will notice a difference ........

Only spending just shy of 1K would you notice a real big difference ...........
                    +1
                    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                    I am pretty awesome.
                    BOOM
                    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                      Call Demon Tweeks and see if we still have a group discount on EBC Black Dashes
                      I have checked the website and they only seem to do solid discs for the Astra vxr decent price though

Comment

Originally posted by X8 DUD View Post
                        Is the car just used for road use or used on track at all?

Standard discs, Ds2500 pads, braided lines and decent fluid should be all you need for either tbh. Worth the extra money and will put up with far more potential abuse than ebc pads and discs

Forget about mintex stuff, cheap for a reason.
                        What braided lines and fluid do you recommend? I've seen there a lot of choice and want to change mine in the next month or so.
                        Tuned By Rabbid Remaps

Comment

Ive just had my brakes done, went for MTEC dimpled and grooved, mintex 1144 pads, braided lines all round and race fluid. Still bedding in but noticed a big difference.
                          Big Build Astra VXR Instagram - Mattyslost[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Seanwebb68 View Post
                            What braided lines and fluid do you recommend? I've seen there a lot of choice and want to change mine in the next month or so.
                            Im running the courtney braided lines but you can get HEL lines as well which are a bit cheaper I believe. I use ATE Superblue fluid (now called ATE 200) which is high boiling point dot 4 fluid.
                            Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Comment

Originally posted by X8 DUD View Post
                              Im running the courtney braided lines but you can get HEL lines as well which are a bit cheaper I believe. I use ATE Superblue fluid (now called ATE 200) which is high boiling point dot 4 fluid.
                              HEL lines and ATE fluid is what I ran on my old one. Good stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X