This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please explain

I need to know why jmy MPG has now dropped to 14.1 MPG permanantly. I have gone through almost 2 tanks of Tesco 99, having swopped from V Power last week. The car does feel faster and alot sweeter, but even normal driving does not see me better than 16 mpg. I used to hit 23 mpg with V Power. What does this mean? Is my car literally like a rocket on Tesco 99 and using fuel like rocket fuel?

Thats weird, i use tesco 99 and i`m getting close to 25 mpg.
    I went to france last weekend and on the way back from paris i didn`t drop below 100MPH for almost 200 miles! and i still averaged 17 mpg :?

Comment

Must say the car has chamged with the fuel, feels very aggressive, more so than V power

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
        Must say the car has chamged with the fuel, feels very aggressive, more so than V power
        ive gone from v-power to tesco after reading that its better on here but i can honestly say i cant feel the differance nd as for the mpg it works out your avg but if ur in lower gears most of the time it will be diff to if your in a higher gear most of the time and speed your doing in the gears

Comment

14.1 MPG seems a little low

we average 26ish and i know the bird flogs it at every chance possible

Comment

my average is 27.7 and alsways stay round that mark
            stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

I never go over 21, even on the motorway??? I was thinking that my car needs a bigger tank! I'm in nearly every other day to fill up?

Comment

we see 40 mpg on the motor way.(if we are trying)
                under normal driving we see 35.

Comment

i dont care what mine is cos the fun it gives me is worth every penny
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of does a low MPG prive the fuel is better as more is being used so more is power is being wrenched from the engine.

Doesnt matter how hard/slow/fast/high speed/low gear whatever, I never rose above 21 on V Power and now won't go above 16 on 99.

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                      I was thinking more along the lines of does a low MPG prive the fuel is better as more is being used so more is power is being wrenched from the engine.

Doesnt matter how hard/slow/fast/high speed/low gear whatever, I never rose above 21 on V Power and now won't go above 16 on 99.
                      If I was getting that from my car I would seriously worry, unless I was doin city driving in a high amount of traffic. If on a motorway you not getting good miles either your driving very very heavy footed or something just isnt right.

Comment

I will do a test tommmrow, reset the mpg and do a 5 min 70mph drive in 6th.

Comment

I normally get about 33-35mpg if I was doing that run on a nice flat road. Hubbie drives with a heavier foot but he is still about 30-32 at a constant high speed.

Comment

if im at a steady 50 mph in 6th i get about 45, but as soon as a touch the throttle it drops to 20-30.
                            stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

anything between 23 and 38 for me, never in mt life have I averaged below 23 on a full tank, and thats using the tesco 99 stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X