X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misting rear lenses. a solution?

hi
    just took the vxr to dealers for the bloody rearlight lenses again !!
    i was told theres a breathe hole in the back of the unit with ducting that leads into the boot ?
    apparently its not a thing to tackle yourself cus u have to take out the unit ???
    the last time it was in i was told one of these breathe holes and ducting was blocked with wax.
    they'd unblocked them all amd told to go away and "see how you get on"
    i went away and they still misted ...and one stays misted permanently.
    hence it is with them today. no dout for a 20 minute lights on ceck in a nice warm garage. :?
    is it me or am i losing it? :?
    r they implying i wax the back of the lense cover or even the boot !!?
    the misting back window can be explained if the ducting leads into the boot !!
    i would think any ducting would channel into the door jam on the outside of the door rubber seals !!
    else surely a wet boot and misting in any car occurs when the cars left after a run on a cold night with a warm cabin, with this explanation
    might even go some way to solving my irratic cd player ?!
    is there any wise old owls who can put me right please?
    on this issue anyway

Thats total bull ive had my lights out no ducts in my lights just locating pegs, lots have had trubble and lots have had lights replaced under warrenty if it was just a duct surly thay would just unblock it, anyway the bulb holder is not sealed so why need a duct.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

thanx vxrdave
      ur a diamond mate
      i thought it was pony but i always have to go away and mull stuff over in my head :?
      the dealer wouldnt ell me wjere "it" was over the fone.
      jence bookrd in today and the explanarion i mentioned.
      pity TMS are so far away
      but im down there next week
      bet John's thinking " why me?"
      thak god for this site and its members

Comment

You have to remove the cluster to change a bulb don't you? They are probably trying to scare you into not proving their explanation as total BS.

Incidently the rear lenses have a small hole in the middle to allow moisture to escape, therefore they will always mist regardless. The hole is supposed to let the light aclimatise and not fog but it doesn't work! Mine are still fogged after an hours commute to work with the lights on....

Its not just vauxhall with the problem though.....
        Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

yeah mate
          the other three clear no problem ... i know you can live with or expectt that.
          fter your post i thought i'd give em a ring
          felt empowered by my(urs really vxrdave ) new knowlege
          they still say theres a duct and that sportshatch also have rearlight misting problems ...... i think i read that they didnt have this problem :?
          anyway he did consede to calling vauxhall if the "duct" unblock didnt wok
          so maybe a result thanx to vxrdave
          i bet the cdplayer problem and the front struts being cjecked out gets "overlooked"
          what a game !!
          its got more moves than chess mate
          thanx again vxrdave
          like i said "diamond geezer"
          and you Phazer cheers mate

Comment

As i say the bulb holder is not sealed so even if the breather was blocked it would make no differance get them so show you the light then point this out to them lots on hear had them relpaced do a search see if you can find it print it off then take it with you show them that also used to be a place at luton called vauxhall technical you could ring them and ask questions if thay didnt have an ans thay would ring u back try 118-500 see if thay are still listed if so give them a call.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Hi troger,

Ive started a therad on this in 'foggy tail lights'

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=2962

I took my car in today and its a problem that they are aware of and im getting new lights on warranty.

Comment

nice one martinw

Comment

stick to your guns mate, they will snap under pressure and hand over new lights

Comment

interesting about you mentioning

Called into my local dealership today, and because its a sunday there were only sales people to talk to, this is what i was told, Inside the light clusters theres a small breather valve, and if this gets clogged up it causes the lenses to fog up, you get the same problem on the headlights of some astras too. And Im to take it in during the week for a techy to look at.

If these breathers are clogging up after a few weeks of me owning the car well then they are obviously no good and a different one should be used.
                    I'm torally confused now :? :?
                    i;ll post on your thread how it goes when we pick it up later
                    i just know its going to be a dealer fone call after dark

Comment

mines not getting done utill next friday, couldnt do it any sooner, let us know how you get on. :wink:

Comment

got mine booked in for next friday gonna check the lights plugs and coil.but past exsperiance tells me its not gonna be straight forward

Comment

Working...
                        X