This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunk noise from front wheel area!

Any ideas what this could be? It's happened a couple of time when i've been over speed humps or over holes in the road. then later on when accelerating it's done it again like something comes out of place them back in, it is definately the passenger side wheel area....

Could it be the anti roll bar or something? It might just be me but the steeering has felt a bit stange too, but then that could be the gale force winds of late?

I have no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

think there was a recall for front suspention i would get it in have it checked just to be on safe side think it was somthing to do with bump stops.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

yeah i'm gonna get it booked in next week. Does anyone have any more details on the recall?
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

thinking about it, i don't think that it could be the bump stops, it sounds like the spring is not seated properly or the anti roll bar moving! It doesn't happen when i go over massive bumps fast when the suspension is fully compressed, just over normal bumps really..........

But then i haven't got a clue really

Comment

I have occasionally had a bumping noise whilst going over slight bumps mid corner at a nice speed :wink: (when the suspension is loaded) Only happens on the drivers side on left hand bends.
          I used to have a similar thing with a Freelander which was eventually found to be 'Drop Links' on the suspension, Does the VXR have these so called drop links as I ain't got a clue what they are :? Anyone...

Comment

get it in could be broken spring ive had this happen in the past.

Comment

Not sure about the set-up with the VXR's (as I haven't picked mine up yet) but all my old Vauxhalls have suffered from the anti roll bar drop link's snapping.

From your description it does sound like this is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddy
                Not sure about the set-up with the VXR's (as I haven't picked mine up yet) but all my old Vauxhalls have suffered from the anti roll bar drop link's snapping.

From your description it does sound like this is the problem.
                Its not the same on the astra mor like the vectra but with plastic arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
                  thinking about it, i don't think that it could be the bump stops, it sounds like the spring is not seated properly or the anti roll bar moving! It doesn't happen when i go over massive bumps fast when the suspension is fully compressed, just over normal bumps really..........

But then i haven't got a clue really
                  i had this the other day, sounds like the spring was moving/cracked, had it up on the ramp yesterday and turned out to be a stone lodged between the bottom coil and the cup. it was very intermittant and only happened over pot holes ect.

hope that helps?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X