X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a forge dump valve kit

Hello

can anyone help me out here i have currently just bought a forge dump valve kit for my astra vxr.

the dump valve seems to replace a plastic pipe with a map sensor attached to it..

the forge dump valve is attached to a aliminium pipe but there doesnt seem to be anywhere to attach the sensor...

did the earlier vxr's come without this sensor and forge have sent me a valve for n earlier model??

any help would be great

the sensor has to stay in place,the dump valve goes higher up the rubber tube and has to be teed in to the fuel pressure pipe.if in trouble phone courtney sport and purchase the correct dump valve/t piece hose.
    hope that helps.check courtneys web site it shows you how to fit a dump valve.i hope you know this will do nothing for the car/engine and is just for the noise..also it should be a double piston type valve

Comment

As far as im aware, the only DV that has been used and not caused running problems on the Z20LET / LEH etc is the Bailey Motorsport DV26 and 36
      sigpic
      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Comment

Comment

Cheers for all your help everyone.

ive spoke to forge motorsport and they have sent me the kit for the earlier model without the map sensor.. the new kit you have to cut the top pipe which i dont entend doing at all as my car is only 4 days old..

ive just got a full refund and im just going to take the easy option and order a full blue hose kit c/w the dv pipe and the valve from courtenay...

or i might just order all the hoses and get a dump valve else where..

whats the best valve to buy!! anyone got any prefrences???

Comment

Like i said, The only Ones i know that work on the VXR ok without causing any problems are DV26 which iv got, and the DV36 Trumpet type which VXRDAVE has got
                sigpic
                My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Working...
                X