This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remus

Hi got me remus the other day and I love it but something is playing on my mind when you go round the back with it running I don't smell the cat smell I use to have now the cat is there but how can I tell what cell the cat is ??

If it's a new Remus it will be the 300 cell cat,I bought mine 3 years ago and it was 300 cell cat.hope this helps mate
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

Comment

The cat may be there but it may of had its guts knocked out. Cheap way of decat. I have 2x Remus sports cats just now and having a friend make me a full decat the same as the enhance performance one without the £160 plus postage price

Comment

It was second hand so don't know how old it is, the cat is in there but the holes are very big unlike my other cat ? I know it's a sports cat but hard to tell witch one. I would have thought it would have the same smell out the back as a normal cat ? It is burning oil a bit so i can smell that (stem seals) just got mot next week and don't want it to fail

Comment

In in the same boat. I think they are 100 cell anyway. Now I think my stem seals have gone. What's your symptoms?

Comment

earlier remus exhaust had 100 cell cat fitted but caused emissions failure so they updated the cat to 300 cell ,only way to tell is that if VXR logo is embossed on the tailpipe then it has a 300 cell cat ,if remus embossed then it has 100 cell cat ,stem seals are common on the Z20LEH engines ,had mines done 3 months ago

Comment

I thought if it has vxr on it it's a genuine of a Nurburgring and if it says Remus that's a of the shelf one. Who did your seals ? Did they leave the head on. I'm not getting much smoke. I just smell it

Comment

I travelled down to WG motorworks in Kent, Warren is a top bloke, will fit them with the head on,I was amazed how quick he did them, there are other places but he's highly recommended, he'll also fit the retainers to stop the problem happening again

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Comment

How much was it and how long does it take. I'm in north Scotland so I'd need to plan a weekend

Comment

I paid 400 quid in total, takes approx 3-4 hrs, you can wait there and watch how he does it, he don't mind

Comment

You'll need to book a weekday as he dont work weekends

Comment

That's not a bad price. I just need to have a proper look to make sure it is the seals and not turbo

Comment

If it smokes at cold start up and after a long drive with engine switched off then instantly turned back on then it's defo stem seals as I had the same problem and also if engine is using alot of oil, what's your mileage

Comment

Mine is smoking just on idle when I start up and when been in motorway think it's when on over run but mine has 126k on it so not done bad think I will take the head off to do mine as think it will need decoke now

Comment

Originally posted by WHASSUPJOE View Post
                              earlier remus exhaust had 100 cell cat fitted but caused emissions failure so they updated the cat to 300 cell ,only way to tell is that if VXR logo is embossed on the tailpipe then it has a 300 cell cat ,if remus embossed then it has 100 cell cat ,stem seals are common on the Z20LEH engines ,had mines done 3 months ago
                              Incorrect info, as I have the Remus with VXR embossed tailpipe, 100 cell cat, been on my car since 2007, fitted at 888, a whole 6months before fitting to the burgs, so early 100 cell remus def had the vxr logo
                              Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

Working...
                              X