This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs changed at Vauxhall Dealer !

Just had my plugs changed but a question for you!

Does the car have to be test driven afterwards?

Granted testing the car would determine any problems with the new plugs but I would notice that anyway and bring the car back!

Anyone else took there car in and then Vauxhall Technician then taken it out for a joy ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed my car coming past the service window so I walked outside and to my horror I witness it being floored in 1st,2nd and 3rd on the straight road outside the dealership!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the same old story of oh we have a powerful car in today so I'll give it some welly while I'm out! 8 miles to be precise!

F****n Livid!

Anyway I would like your reactions before I put pen to paper

Andy

8 miles seems excessive, granted it may be worthwhile do a quick check to make sure the new plugs are working properly but not 8 miles worth. Go get eminem on them....

Comment

I'm afraid it's part and parcel of Fast car ownership! I've had it loads over the years. I always try and stay with my car if possible, but if not I zero the mileage when I get to the garage - a road test should only be a mile or so. Always check the date you get on the receipt btw, you never know while they've been out having fun in your car what they've been up to, if they've tripped a speed trap, caused an accident etc etc.

I think the best way of avoiding this sort of hassle is to get the car looked after by a tuner. You know they get cars in like this all the time so they're less likely to kick the **** out of yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravejay
        I'm afraid it's part and parcel of Fast car ownership! I've had it loads over the years. I always try and stay with my car if possible, but if not I zero the mileage when I get to the garage - a road test should only be a mile or so. Always check the date you get on the receipt btw, you never know while they've been out having fun in your car what they've been up to, if they've tripped a speed trap, caused an accident etc etc.

I think the best way of avoiding this sort of hassle is to get the car looked after by a tuner. You know they get cars in like this all the time so they're less likely to kick the **** out of yours!
        the problem with zero`in the mileage is that the the person testing can do as many miles as they want and just zero the mileage again!

Comment

Test drive after a plug change???

PLEASE!

Not neeeded!

Comment

Well, there are 2 sides to this. Firstly the plugs change is related to engine retard (ie they should fix it) and that means a test drive, so would you rather it was driven, checked ok and given back or fixed and then assumed to be ok? Secondly 8 miles? Well it does take time for the ECU to recongnise different spark from the plugs and that does take some time, depending on the car.

Obviously I woulnd't advocate any kind of miss treatment but we do need to dirve the car to make sure we've fixed it.

Comment

After any kind of fault, particularly intermittent, the car should be road tested to ensure it is fixed, a good tech will do this over a variety of driving conditions, round town, dual carriageway, fully open throttle, trailing throttle etc to ensure that they have cured the problem otherwise you will only be back screaming that the dealer hasnt fixed the car (and the tech wont be paid for the rectification work necessary to cure the fault)... however, if it's come rolling back in with smoke coming out of the brakes after taking the thrashing of it's life then i would be the first to complain.

Comment

people need to ask themselves one thing when picking up there car from the dealers.are the technicians likely to be driving it any different to how your likely too? i seriously doubt it.

i know its not ideal seeing someone jump in your pride and joy and give it a bit,but as long as there is no damage to the bodywork,wheels etc,who cares?

Comment

Me my car no one drives it i dont trust.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

My son had 2 weeks work experience at local VX dealer and the stories, car will not be out of my sight if it gose in there again.

Comment

You are entitled to say no test drives! I do everytime! Your the owner, its was your cash that paid for the car, so its your say who drives it! In my case that is no one but me! Regardless what the car has had done to it. If it breaks i'll be back!

Comment

ARNIE :wink:

Comment

If it needs to go for a test drive insist that you sit in with them. Or even better, you drive it with the tech sitting in with you.

Comment

Toddy: have to say good idea, will remember that....

Comment

Dave i told you where to take it now Darren is a top bloke. plus you can go into the work shop whilst hes doing it and see whats going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X