This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Hike

Well just got informed about my increase in insurance for my stage 3. Had to up mileage by 8K a year given the amount of travelling I'm doing, plus all the Stage 3 information - total extra £170.86, on top of the original £560 odds that I paid. Not as bad as I thought. Apparently the mods contributed £144.01 to the total extra.

Oh, and apparently I can't do any more engine mods or they won't insure me

who do you use for insurance,mine was £690 and thats just with the milltek exhuat ???????????????????

Comment

My went up £110.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Re: Insurance Hike

Originally posted by AlexFi
        Oh, and apparently I can't do any more engine mods or they won't insure me
        Thats not too good! Hope you are not having thoughts about stage 4!

Comment

i think they're having a laugh AlexFi
          my wife got insurance for vxr at vauxhall ... they upped the premium cus of the replacement engine ( like for like i explained) and cus we have the full (vauxhall approved) miltek by £48 ..... and said call em back when its remapped to stage 2 for another surprise.
          its only up for renewal in may, as well. so £48 for 4 months and £??? extra premium for stage 2 remap due next week for 3 months
          god only knows what they;ll think is an acceptable price on renewal early may :?
          Ohh i cant wait
          i think i'll try elephant (loads of good feedback bout them on here)we have also got the elbow from the network q extended warranty ( surprisingly )
          nearly one year ater the first reg date :?
          but vauxhall have offered us a £200 voucher after all the "inconvenience we endured" with the engine
          very generous i thought :?
          SSDD mate :?

Comment

I'm currently with Admiral, paid just over £560 for fully comp, 4 year NCD protected, wife as second driver and initially 12K miles. Since the work informed them of the Exhaust, IC, Brakes and Remap(+% increase in power), hence the £170 increase (all those changes + 8K hike in annual mileage), with policy renewal at the end of July.

Oh, and I'm not Bs'ing here.

Only problem is the limit on further upgrades, guess I'll be hunting round next July

Ps. Just about forgot, no points on license ever.....

Comment

i was with Privilege

My renewal was going to be £60.09x12=£721.04 with ans XS of £450

got a quote from Norwich Union Direct and it was deposit of £ 90.72 ans [email protected] £45.36 = £544.32.

NUD dont charge for the exhaust as it was a factory fit option but Privilege do. the online quote was £486.49 something to do with the exhaust making the car more desirable yeah right as if.

I know VXRDave is with NUD.

Quote me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                i was with Privilege

My renewal was going to be £60.09x12=£721.04 with ans XS of £450

got a quote from Norwich Union Direct and it was deposit of £ 90.72 ans [email protected] £45.36 = £544.32.

NUD dont charge for the exhaust as it was a factory fit option but Privilege do. the online quote was £486.49 something to do with the exhaust making the car more desirable yeah right as if.

I know VXRDave is with NUD.

Quote me happy.
                spot on alex i am very very good £280 for std car £390 s3

Comment

But whats your mileage mine is 10000 plus you is an old git.

I'm 30 and mrs is 26

Comment

get some time in lol 8000 mile thats a joke going to look in to the pay as you go ins in march.

Comment

Dont do it they will be able to track your speed as well and put it up.

Go for 5000 miles as your well in.

Comment

That pay as you drive is all a little too big brother for me.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                          Dont do it they will be able to track your speed as well and put it up.

Go for 5000 miles as your well in.
                          LOL it wont be able to keep up like the R :wink: A

Comment

i know what you mean the RA cant keep up with the CDTI

Comment

Working...
                            X