This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sight and Light

Picked up my Astra VXR yesterday after an 8 Week wait but it was well worth it. I have been reading the forums for the last few weeks and have a few questions.

1) The CD Player in mine is black is this new to the 2007 model.

2) One of the options I had was the sight and light pack. The problem being the central mirror is a lot bigger plus it is stuck on top of a box mounting to the windscreen which means it cuts out my whole view to the left of the windscreen. Even with the seat as low as it will go the visibility is really bad. Every time I need to turn a left hand bend I need to duck my head down to see under the mirror. Just wondering if anyone had similar problems. I am about 6ft and didn’t have this problem when I took the VXR for a test drive with the standard mirror.

i have the sight and light pack and the mirror does get in the way and you do have to duck, i quite like ducking lol, people look at you funny aswell when you ducking your head lol.... im 5ft 5 lol a short ***... so it mite even be a different temp up there for you mate lol....

Comment

Black? Mirror?

HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

yeah come on, pics of that nice black interior please!

Comment

Sorry should of posted pictures. I am in work at the moment as soon as I get home I will add them.

Comment

I guess its the biker in me that thinks having to make a concious effort to move around to enhance your view is a good thing, there are too many 'robots' out there as it is. Some pics of your P&J would be nice though

Comment

Here are the pictures promised. One of them is a bit blurry. Not shore if I have added the pictures in correctly.

Comment

that makes your a MY07.5 then bro

Very nice.

Is there any other pics of the car.

with out the blurs if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Trex2002
                  Here are the pictures promised. One of them is a bit blurry. Not shore if I have added the pictures in correctly.

What colours are the strips in the doors and abobe the glove box - silver?, and what is the button to the left of the hazards button??

If you don't mind me asking

Andy

Comment

I will try and get some clearer pictures tomorrow. The button next to the hazard button is to turn on/off the parking sensors. And yes the door strips and strip above the glove box are silver.

Comment

When I got my non VXR Astra I noticed how the mirror was in the way when looking around corners etc. You do get used to it after a while though, the mirror is the best part of the sight and light pack I think.

I've never seen the new black interior in the flesh, hmm, need to take a look. My mind has gone but is that the standard radio? Looks like it, but it has more 'number' buttons than I seem to remember.
                      I'll just give it a quick wash!

Comment

I will try and get some clearer pictures tomorrow. The button next to the hazard button is to turn on/off the parking sensors. And yes the door strips and strip above the glove box are silver.
                        Cheers for that

Looks and sounds good

Enjoy the car - I'll look forward to the better pictures.

Andy

Comment

Are we talking about the strips that appear as silver carbon in the my 2007?

If so that is strange as they should be Piano black.....
                          HeavenlyDetail
                          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Here are the extra pictures as requested.

Comment

My opinion only is that I'm not a fan of the new interior, I think the black CD player and surrond looks a little cheap... tho I do like the new CD layout compared to mine. Also the silver is the same as the standard car, It would have been better either all black or all silver.

That's my opin only. We all have our own tastes and styles.

Comment

Working...
                              X