Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions needed - How to cope with that m32 box???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions needed - How to cope with that m32 box???

Ok so as i mentioned in few other posts i got myself red vxr astra .
    It has done 50k miles. gearbox thing hmmm im not sure about this one ;(
    seems ok no stick movement or noises but any hard 1st to 2nd will crunch bad
    and it seems jerky as F... and theres my question: are they like that??? never noticed that on the test drive and car seems to be spot on apart from that kangaroo like gear changes and set off. A word of advice would be appreciated.

Id say engine mounts or dmf play excessive.

Comment

both sound about as expensive as gearbox fault ;/ - if dmf wear and symptoms are anything like in diesel then its not that. how big of a job is it to do engine mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueVXR View Post
        both sound about as expensive as gearbox fault ;/ - if dmf wear and symptoms are anything like in diesel then its not that. how big of a job is it to do engine mounts?
        Engine mounts are pretty simple and relatively cheap to do. I have done mount inserts with a mate off here the other weekend and whilst it's awkward the front, left and right are doable on a driveway but the rear is a pig and best done on a ramp at a garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks will give that a go i think and see if that helps at all, but have to leave that till next week and find a decent garage to do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueVXR View Post
            Thanks will give that a go i think and see if that helps at all, but have to leave that till next week and find a decent garage to do it for me.
            It's worth having a look and checking the condition of them first before you buy anything

Comment

Dmf's do not need to get to the point that theyre knocking to be classed as goosed, they have something called maximum permissible rotation angle, they generally get well past this point before they start to knock and rattle. As above do engine mounts/inserts first as theyre cheaper!

Comment

As above, do the 3 mounts if required first but mainly you dont have to do all 3

then....

Turn your attention to your clutch, as it sounds it could of had some real abuse before you had it :-) - if you have to drop the box and the box is good just do the whole lot, clutch assembly slave unit and dmf - cheap as chips and foolish not to do all 3 at the sametime to be fair.....
                sigpic

Comment

What do you mean by cheap??? Dmfs are costly are they??? Well who knows maby car was abused but inside out its mint (possibly dealer had a good go at it as car looked like a loved one) checked it on ramp today dry and clean all seem good. Car had vxro stickers when sold. So someone possibly can know that car. Can pm reg if any one know a vxr with number plate ending FNF
                  Last edited by TorqueVXR; 10 April 2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRRy View Post
                    It's worth having a look and checking the condition of them first before you buy anything

I know from experience that in some cases they look fine while needing replacement.

Comment

Just looked at clutch kits on bay... about £400. Will try with mounts first then and if that dont help will go to next thing. Will keep updating. Thanks

Comment

ok so the problem has been sorted now and it only needed gearbox mounts.

Comment

Happy days 👍🏼

Comment

This is my answer....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AUS_HSV_VXR View Post
                              This is my answer....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
                              is that solid conversion ??? fitted it to yours??? and how is it pal???

Comment

Working...
                              X