This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My incident with a Scooby STi PPP

Id there even an STi PPP? All I know is that it was done up like nothing else, massive wing on back, massive exhaust, vents in bonnet e.t.c.

Was behind it on a single carriagway NSL for some time around 4pm. He put his lights on so I ignited the xenons. I knew his car was faster but I have never had a decent car gun away from me yet and I wanted to see how the VXR would fair so I was really goading him into it. A couple of medium bursts in 2 and 3 which I had no problem matching, and I knew the A3 was coming up.

And then he indicated to go on it - YES! I thought!

On the slip road, long straight onto a long straight piece of 3 lane A road, no scameras and all good, so doing 30mph in 2nd round the corner and onto the slip. Rooaarr, this guy guns it hard, I follow suit. What struck me then was the sheer sound of both of us. He had that rumbly flat 4 deep throated growl and I had my little jet rocket sound! The sound was SO weird hearing them both at full chat together, completely different sounds... the air around us was being forced all over the place.

Anyway, basically even until I got to end of 3rd/beginning of 4th gear where he probably pulled away by around 4 car lengths. But as we continued and I got to end of 4th and into 5th I gained around 1 car length and then we were matched again until the end of 5th gear. (Yes thats full acceleration with NO breaks for anything during that time). So although he did get away slightly it was not by much and I did close the gap v slightly at the higher speed.I had to brake at the point he decided to stop accelerating as I was right behind him again, just as I had been at the start... (well about 2 car lengths).

I was really quite impressed as I had expected to be embaressed. And there was no question as to whether he was giving it the beans, the amount of crud and crap that kicked up all over my car was incredible, you could here the debris hitting. Also he gave out some black exhaust smoke half way through. Was great fun!

would one of your collegues do you for speeding if caught,or do they still turn a blind eye?

Comment

i had one of them in my area trying to get away from me a few months ago x poor guy wasn't very impressed x couldn't really show him who was boss cos there was traffic in the other lane but he'll think twice before having a go with a VXR again

Comment

so basically, you our friendly law enforcment officer is admitting to doing over 100 mph on a public highway :?

Comment

I give up.

Here ends my use of this forum.

Comment

no offence but a ppp being driven properly, would demolish a vxr!

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
              I give up.

you can`t surely be surprised at how people react to you?

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                I give up.

But why should you "react" in the first place, he's just another member of the VXR community.

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                  Originally posted by leepy
                  I give up.

But why should you "react" in the first place, he's just another member of the VXR community.
                  true.
                  its a shame but most people have lost respect for the police force for the way they police our roads.
                  i have zero points,never come close to getting in to trouble with them,and feel so let down.
                  father in law`s shop got broken into for the second time in a month recenctly.it took a day to send someone round to see him,and yet there is a mobile camera van 400 yards down the road that has been there every day for the last month.

so when somebody proudly states there a member of the police force and states they brake the law and enjoy doing it,well it does not sit easy.
                  im sure im not the only one.

arden one,im sure your a great guy but it does seem like your trying to wind people up about your job in the silly things you say.

Comment

over 100 mph is an instant ban i believe and for you to brag about it is simply pathetic. What if you had lost control and killed some innocent road user abiding by the law, simply by your stupidity. Im sure the wooden tops would not think twice about doing me for speeding being 4 mph over the limit.

Comment

It's like that copper who was "testing" the patrol car doing 154mph on the M54 near telford for no reason.... what happened to him.... sod all!

I don't have anything against you P_D but I do the police force.

I know a few coppers and work with a wife of one.... they get away with so much and cover each other up it's stupid. The whole system is corrupt.

Comment

Can any1 honestly say they have never gone over the speed limit?? We have a thread on here titled "raced" in which members boast about racing on the public highway.

Dont crucify the fella' just cos' he's a member of the old bill

Comment

Originally posted by lampshade
                          Can any1 honestly say they have never gone over the speed limit?? We have a thread on here titled "raced" in which members boast about racing on the public highway.

Dont crucify the fella' just cos' he's a member of the old bill
                          true.
                          still hard to swollow from a copper

Comment

you cant give the guy a hard time for being a copper. he clocks off like anyone else.

his job is to enforce the law WHEN he is clocked on. afterall thats what he gets paid for. the law is made up by the goverment, not the police officers.

im an engineer who has to abide by health and safety etc but when i clock off thats it, as far as im concerned i could be anything.

wether your a police officer, engineer, coucil worker what ever, everyones the same in my book when theyre not at work
                            stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                              you cant give the guy a hard time for being a copper. he clocks off like anyone else.

his job is to enforce the law WHEN he is clocked on. afterall thats what he gets paid for. the law is made up by the goverment, not the police officers.

im an engineer who has to abide by health and safety etc but when i clock off thats it, as far as im concerned i could be anything.

wether your a police officer, engineer, coucil worker what ever, everyones the same in my book when theyre not at work
                              hi andy
                              in a perfect world that is exactly right what your saying.
                              but sometimes you can not control the way you feel about things.

Comment

Working...
                              X