X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Install

Ok boys and girls have done a speaker upgrade to the front doors
    focal polyglass 165V2 were chosen after lots of reseach into size of the door and so on.

sound deading was also used about 7 sq.ft per door can get a kit with 12 sq.ft in it for about £70, tip sound dead both skins of the door.

tweeters and crossovers just fixed them on loads of room behind door card for crossover and the tweeters unclip the old and fix in the new one.

put card back on and no one will know, as for the sound bloody hell theres some real good bass there now

next thing is to make a enclosure for the spare wheel will keep ya all update with the latest.

anyone wants pics?????? look at www.myspace.com/napa1985 or http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2551276 oremail me and i will forward them on to ya

Cheers All John
    [email protected]

Had a look and impressed, who owns the bike and other car?????

added as a friend as i'm on myspace aswell.

Comment

I always thought it was pointless using component speakers if your not amping them. (Or are they)

Looks good though. Makes allot of difference?
      sigpic

Comment

The bike is mine and the celica was one of my old cars since had a GSI vectra after that and now My VXR, i see you have some tuning bits on yours look impressive

i'm a auto electrical enigneer so this stuff i.e speakers is wot i do for living.

any way there my story now what about yours :-)

Cheers John

Comment

So the 16.5 fir perfect then? Unscrew the old ones and screw back in the new ones?
          sigpic

Comment

Well I've always had the practical communter car 1.6 stuff.

Then got a 1.6sxi astra, which lasted less than a month due to problems with the car, saw the VXR and me and hubbie decided to get that instead. The prev plan was he had a veccie super touring 2.5 v6, I was gonna get a new 1.6 sxi and we were getting a veccie vxr.... but the astra is better for running everyday than the veccie, also smaller so more practical.

so far she has been staged 3, also changed the radio surround to carbon fibre effect. Oh and added a vxr badge to the front grill!

Comment

How much for the speakers and did you power them up or from the std head.

I have a CDC40 and want better sound but dont want to change the head.

What about the rears.

Comment

hi napa
                looks great,do you feel it has made a big difference?
                i was thinking of using something like that to use in the boot so i could convince the bird to get an exhaust.
                she hates em loud

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
                  I always thought it was pointless using component speakers if your not amping them. (Or are they)

Looks good though. Makes allot of difference?

big difference the speakers i've used are 75watt RMS, and they sound excellent,

Comment

silly plactic rings you can buy from halfords but run a strip of sound deading around them and make sure the you seal the rings on the door

part number sak-2902

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                      How much for the speakers and did you power them up or from the std head.

I have a CDC40 and want better sound but dont want to change the head.

What about the rears.
                      i'm the same i like people to look in and see the std unit and think nothing of it plus does fit in with the dash

the speakers i got at trade and they are running off std unit
                      got the speaker though my work i do this for a living

rears are the next think will be a set of 165mm coxials in the rears will post when they are done!!!!

Cheers John

Comment

Trade I hear,

hummmmmm

Don’t suppose you'd like to get me a set

(Man I'm cheeky)

How much did they cost? I love my music but really cant be doing the boot install thing.

My last car..........

sigpic

Comment

Right think i need a site to keep a log for all this work

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2551276

there ya go lol

Have fun boys and girls
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X