Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else on here got a regal stage 2 map??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else on here got a regal stage 2 map??

if so i was just wondering what power figures your car has.

i know that my car when done by regal (before i owned it) wa slightly underpowered and they couldnt work out why. the crap plugs where chenged for iridiums but power was still low.

ive just phoned regal and they specifically remembered the car as it was underpowered and they didnt know why.

itsput out 264 bhp with the stage 2 map and full mltek which i think is a dissapointing.

i just want to make sure this IS underpowered before a buy a new coil pack. im now convinced it is the coil pack.
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Surely a decent RR would be able to point you in the right direction?

How much are new coilpacks?

Comment

Coil packs are £119.85 without the trade club discount.

£89 with trade club.

Comment

Andy, thats probably about right, there are differences between rolling roads. My stage 2 was initially 260bhp at the flywheel, got better with miles then i got the newer map from tms and it pushed it up further.
        You might find yours is up since the stage 2 was done. If your not too far from another tuner you should get it on the rollers and see what the power at the wheels is

Comment

im miles away from the nearest tuner mate. im in the north east near newcastle.

ive just managed to get a coil pack. brand new genuine item for 65 quid. its got to be worth fitting it to try it.

it just seems odd how regal remebered my car when i rang them. they knew where the car was from and everything specifically because it didnt put out the right amount of power.

im gonna fit the new coil pack and see what happens. if nothing changes then i'll stick the old one on ebay
          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Should of taken it back to ya dealer matey and if it needed a new coil pack it would get changed under warranty, they arent to know its been mapped.

If there were to SPS it (software update) Yes it would Erase REGALS map, but as with people like VXRPC if that happens they will remap it again for you FOC.

Just an Idea
            sigpic
            My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

im 350 mile away from regal though so even if the remap was to be reinstalled free it would still be a big **** on to get there.

also for the sake of 65 quid i cant be bothered with booking my car in and having the not so bright local vaux techs having a good excuse to boot my car all over.

im not too bothered about having to buy the coil pack. im just wondering what fugures people are getting out stage 2 so i haqve somthing to compare it too
              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                im 350 mile away from regal though so even if the remap was to be reinstalled free it would still be a big bottom on to get there.

also for the sake of 65 quid i cant be bothered with booking my car in and having the not so bright local vaux techs having a good excuse to boot my car all over.

im not too bothered about having to buy the coil pack. im just wondering what fugures people are getting out stage 2 so i haqve somthing to compare it too
                Andy , where did you get a coil pack for £65?, also hows the car running since you put it on ?

Comment

havnt got it yet mate. coming tomoro.

got it from vaux spares of net. they where advertiseing a load of stuff on ebay so i give em a ring and they had a couple.

its all genuine parts and i just give them my reg and chassis number and they told me the correct type i needed.
                  stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

I have the exact same problem with the van with windows, but it has got worse then just been retarded in the mid to high rev range.

the engine management light comes on then is misses on 2 cylinders, and then you have to reset the ecu ie switch on then off to get it to go back to normalish, i.e retarded.

Its in today, so i will let you know what they say but i suspect its the coil pack and or plugs.

Comment

when i spoke to regal yesterday they said the plugs in my car where terrible.

i think my car must have been one of the first to get done as it was the early part of last year i think, so it was pretty much unheard of (the plug thing)

mine drives pretty much ok but i do suspect that the coil pack has been damaged as somtimes the car feels a bit sluggish. somtimes if a i nail it in first it feels like its not boosting. feels kinda naturally aspirated.

im goona keep posted on the results anyway when i get it fitted
                      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Re: anyone else on here got a regal stage 2 map??

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                        if so i was just wondering what power figures your car has.

i know that my car when done by regal (before i owned it) wa slightly underpowered and they couldnt work out why. the crap plugs where chenged for iridiums but power was still low.

ive just phoned regal and they specifically remembered the car as it was underpowered and they didnt know why.

itsput out 264 bhp with the stage 2 map and full mltek which i think is a dissapointing.

i just want to make sure this IS underpowered before a buy a new coil pack. im now convinced it is the coil pack.

264 Bhp at Regal might be 280 at TMS or alike. Surprisingly the RR at Regal is conservative compared to others

Comment

Just phone the garage,

coil pack and spark plugs....

they would not agree thats there was a field report or anything logged on that vehicle....

I will see how it drives when i get it back...

Hopefully better then it did.

Watch this space.

Comment

i recall someone saying they need to check it against ur VIN Number. fone em back mate

Comment

well its back....

Cured !!

Alot better through the gears.....

No hesitation etc.

Replaced the coil pack and Plugs.....

Comment

Working...
                              X