Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to get stage 2 & map reset to original map ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to get stage 2 & map reset to original map ?

Still waiting for March 1st to come round to get the beauty !!!

But gonna be booking in for its Stage 2 at TMS shortly after.

2 quick questions.

1) How soon should I get get the S2 done, 500 miles ? 1000 miles ?? from new ???

2) I heard a rumour that its dead easy for a dealer when the car is in for its regular service to reset the map to its original setting ? is this true ?

Oooh just thought of another ....

3) Do TMS or any other tuners offer a discount for being members of this forum ?

Re: When to get stage 2 & map reset to original map ?

Originally posted by kingcobbler
    Still waiting for March 1st to come round to get the beauty !!!

But gonna be booking in for its Stage 2 at TMS shortly after.

2 quick questions.

1) How soon should I get get the S2 done, 500 miles ? 1000 miles ?? from new ???

2) I heard a rumour that its dead easy for a dealer when the car is in for its regular service to reset the map to its original setting ? is this true ?

Oooh just thought of another ....

3) Do TMS or any other tuners offer a discount for being members of this forum ?
    ok...
    1) you need to give your car a chance to be run in before playing around with mods hun x so give it over 1000miles cos 500 is only just run in ( i had my first mods put on at 1011 miles and have had no problems)
    2) why would the dealership be playing around with ur ecu on a service? :?
    and 3) not really sure hun, you'd have to ask the tuners - however i know they do on other sites x
    hope i've been at least slightly helpful x

Comment

Ok i cant speak from experience for the TMS map's but if a CS map was over writen by the dealer on a service it can be put back by CS no problem.

I have heard of some Map's having locks on them so no other map can replace the stage map, only by the original tuners but i dont think this happens much

i think your best of waiting about 1500 iles befor having any thing done but it is upto you as its your car.

Comment

hi alex did you mean if you have a map from courts and it gets over written by a vaux dealer at a service when you said not to, courts will remap it again, that seems very good
        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

yes mate thats it.

Lou some times the dealers need to do a service update thats comes from VXL

Comment

Right, Sometimes when your car goes in for service etc, it may come up on their system that the car is due a software update to maybe iron out glitches in the original software and make improvements, and prevent problems etc.

These are done with TECH 2 and will only be done if A: Your car is suffering from a syptom linked to this software Fix, or B: Vauxhall State that its a Rework and say that all affected cars have to be done.

This is the only time they will carry out software updates, and as with most tuners, i know VXRPC and TMS etc do do this, if your Map was to get erased, just contact them explain, and they should arrange for you to get booked back in and have your Map put back on FOC.

With regards to Site / member discount, contact the tuners themselves and ask, they do sometimes offer deals :wink:
            sigpic
            My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
              yes mate thats it.

Lou some times the dealers need to do a service update thats comes from VXL
              never knew that but maybe that's cos my dealership won't touch anything on my car if i don't give them permission to but then it's obvious that it's modded on mine x

learn something new everyday tho

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR
                but then it's obvious that it's modded on mine x
                Hmmm....I wonder what gives it away?! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                  Originally posted by LouiseVXR
                  but then it's obvious that it's modded on mine x
                  Hmmm....I wonder what gives it away?! :wink:
                  Must be the license plate

Comment

All pretty much answered. I think all the tuners (us included) do free remaps if you get flashed back to standard by a dealer but as yet there have been no technical issues on the VXR Astra requiring it to be done.

We recommend about 1k miles and do an oil and filter change and tuning at the same time. (Oil Vxl put in is OK but with a new engine all the metal and swarf generated by its initial running is better off out than in as it were)

Comment

Thanks all to the answers, very informative.

Looks like I'm gonna have to put some miles on during march/april and get her on to the rollers early May. Just in time for the roads to dry up and her cooking on gas for the summer months.

Comment

Working...
                      X