This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting a loosing battle!

My friend Colin (shamoo on forums) just got a Leon Cupra R.

He started a thread Cupra R vs vxR (oops)

He was intrigued as we are with some cars how he would do against one.

Anyway, just read, and feel free to come on and help me cos I’m getting nowhere. I'm sure you guys know more than me about tuning and vauxhall etc

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109609
    sigpic

They have slated the VXR for sure...

I dont understand these sorts of threads, the arguments could go on for decades and what is the point of all that typing, your never going to convince them of anything and your never going to meet them anyway...

Comment

well i signed up to the focus ST site the other day so why spoil the habit of a lifetime
      be on there in a bit x

Comment

i quite like leons but i'll tell you now for sure there is no way theyre as quick as vxr. my mate (a good mate) has one and its really nice but for what it is it isnt very quick at all.

dont know what handling is like as i only drove it in a straight line, but me and the lad that owns it both agreed it isnt very fast at all. this was the twin intercooled 225 bhp version as well.

and all im gonna say about st's..... atleast vaux can come with a there own new engine

volvo anyone???
        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
          i quite like leons but i'll tell you now for sure there is no way theyre as quick as VXR. my mate (a good mate) has one and its really nice but for what it is it isnt very quick at all.

dont know what handling is like as i only drove it in a straight line, but me and the lad that owns it both agreed it isnt very fast at all. this was the twin intercooled 225 bhp version as well.

and all im gonna say about st's..... atleast vaux can come with a there own new engine

volvo anyone???
          LOL! you should post that over there cos that'd be a great reply x

Comment

i would but i hate arguin with people who arnt in front of me
            stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

i wouldnt care but my car doesnt torque steer at all. the reason being is that i have limbs and i can actually hold onto my steering wheel.

just tell your mate shamoo what ever he called that we have the best cars and vxr owners are better in the sack.

he likes his car, we like ours!! thats all that counts in my opinion

ours are still faster though :P
              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

bunch of wannabes dargy well said tho you held your own , cant wait to see another cupra and show em what a stage 3 will do
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Thank you thank you. I felt ganged up on

I'm better after coming home to vxr online
                  sigpic

Comment

you can argue all you want in situations like that and you wont get anywhere.

i like the way that lad said a monaro isnt a vaux and hes sat talking about glorified skoda lol. some strange people around. seat leons are good cars but it just shows how VAG cant be bothered as they are based on about another 5 cars. leons, golfs a3s them little skodas are all the same. hell look at arosa and lupos... same car for cryin out loud.

at least vaux can come up with a couple of different cars.

and about the st thing out handling a vxr, just show em the the 5th gear vid where he had to drive both cars round the track with one hand. showing controllabilty and handling the vxr dicked the st.
                    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Thing is the SEAT boys cant remember where their from.

FIAT any one. Fiat sold them as they were a loosing battle VW got hold of them and now its a Golf another car thats not as good as the mighty VXR.

Comment

I had an LCR (210) from new on a 03 plate for a month under 3 years. It was a great car, fun and practical; however if that was VAG group build quality, you can keep it. Mine was on the back of an AA van 5 times. The gearbox packed up, the clutch went, the clutch pedal box snapped, the cooling fans failed, the water level sensor was replaced three times, the engine warning light came on twice and the climate control system failed. It also had the odd annoying squeak here and there. It was so low on the front that on the final occasion it went with the AA it took three attempts to find a vehicle suitable to pick it up. Prior to that I did have an Ibiza Cupra from new on a Y plate, that was very reliable in the just under 2 years I owned it and was a great drive. With regard to performance, after 45k in the Leon and 12k to date in my VXR, the VXR certainly feels quicker to me. Whether that is to do with the firmer ride giving a greater sensation of speed I do not know. I also feel that the corning on the LCR did not feel as accomplished as my VXR, due to the amount of body roll on the Leon. It would be very surprising if as mentioned on the Seat site that an FR diesel could keep up with VXR or LCR unless hugely modified. It may be that the respective parties, found that some people may accelerate hard on the road to an acceptable speed in suitable conditions, but are unwilling to exceed the speed limit by huge amounts on the road for safety/licence reasons.

Comment

nice one Dargy
                          err Worsy bit of a hiccup against **** nel mate
                          cant wait for Forest/Chelsea after Liverpool/Chelsea whitewash :?

Comment

there you go, hes had both^^^^

im with you mate, a race on the road means **** all. i mean some clown had a go at me in a skoda octavia rs but i had my other half and our 10month old son in the car.

now hes probably walking around with his head high thinking hes beat a vxr but i nkow hes still really peed off cos hes got a taxi.

im sorry but aint racing anyone with a child in the car!

i did put my foot down and shafted him to about 90 but after that i wasnt goin any faster.
                            stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

We may get a visit of our cupra R friends but remember if they do come, be adult about it. Basically the opposite of what they’re doing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X