This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty??

I know many of you guys have modified your VXR, whether its lowering or exhaust or even a remap, but how does all this effect your warranty? What experience have you guys had when modding?

good question. i know if you go to thorneys they can do warranty work so if you had any probs they would sort it and then need to decide who foots the bill. other tuners also offer warranty on their work but i am unsure of the length and detail of them. dont want to get caught between tuner and dealer but i think all the tuners are pretty good in this sense.

Comment

I was more meaning that...eg. if you lowered your car and then sometime later something happend to your car and you to it back to Vauxhall for warranty work, could they not turn around and say the car has been modded and hold there hands up? Hope that makes sense?

Comment

Rae - if you lowered your car and something happened with the suspension, the tuner you had it done at will sort it as you get tuner warrenty x
        if you have it lowered and then for example your clutch goes, well its nothing to do with the suspension so they won't say it's not covered by your warrenty x

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR
          Rae - if you lowered your car and something happened with the suspension, the tuner you had it done at will sort it as you get tuner warrenty x
          if you have it lowered and then for example your clutch goes, well its nothing to do with the suspension so they won't say it's not covered by your warrenty x
          This is why its so important when you choose your tuner that you trust them and don't go for the cheapest option, you need to believe that if something does happen they will help you out and solve it for you.

Comment

yer i know, didnt really answer properly. if it was lowered at thorney above applies i guess. as for taking it back to the dealer, i am unsure. i think it depends on each dealers opinion but should use all genuine vxl parts keep warranty. it may be a case of vauxhall not covering changed parts ie: if the springs failed vxl wouldnt replace. if something else had a problem that was unrelated i would think that they would fix it (dont take my word for it, i would also like this clarified)

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
              This is why its so important when you choose your tuner that you trust them and don't go for the cheapest option, you need to believe that if something does happen they will help you out and solve it for you.
              yeah see thats the good thing about our area - we know all the good tuners x however it's a long travel for Rae :?

Comment

sorry was a bit slow typing
                as the girls said :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by James
                  lol, u'll be quicker next time x

Comment

need a stage 3 keyboard!

Comment

need a stage 3 keyboard!
                      better off getting a stage four one to keep up with mine

Comment

ok ill do it!! only got a std car at the mo but ill go for a stage 3 if you wanna ring the insurance company :wink:

ps: im 19

Comment

Hi Lou Ah but are the Best Tuners really in the South
                          Maybe? Maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by davidof
                            Hi Lou Ah but are the Best Tuners really in the South
                            Maybe? Maybe not?
                            you're not in scotland tho are ya Dave
                            but i will change my statement - the best tuners are close enough to us AND up north a bit

Comment

ive looked into this quite a bit and i come up with a couple of things. by rights they can only void the part thats moddified. ie ive lowered my car so the suspension will be void but if anything happens i'll just swap the springs back.

as far as aim aware vaux cant pick up on a remap so i wouldnt worry about that.

the main thing you have to think about though is warranty work is work at the end of the day. i cant see a vaux garage turning work down just cos it is slightly modified. i think this is managers discretion to certain degree.

and if you go the miltek route then they are vaux approved exhausts. my car was actually bought from vaux with the miltek fitted as an extra.
                              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X