This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried by changes

I'm picking up a VXR in March and have to say I'm horrified by the interior changes (not notified when I ordered it). The plastics in photos look identical as those fitted to the revised Design, cheap shiny black plastic in the console and the steering wheel fittings (think mid 80's Hyundai) with cheap looking silver inserts on the rest. (I could well be a minority of one here - does everyone else love it or have I seen the wrong pictures?)

So no differentiation for the car being a VXR except badging. I guess it's a cost down as textured plastics cost more to make but what really worries me is what else will have changed under the skin? When I tested a couple of VXRs they felt like cars built above their budget for the engineers, so has some marketing dimwit also removed some sound proofing or costed down the suspension etc to make a few pounds more per car? Have to say I'm pretty naffed off, I'll be spending 30k miles a year in this vehicle.

The last company to use "Piano Black" plastic was Rover on the 45!!

Hi, I personally dont like the new interiors either. I have the original cabin design which I think just looks higher class.

Unfort I dont think there is alot you can do as the new models have that. VXRPC do sell carbon inserts for the interior which maybe an option if you want to change them.

Mel

Comment

You might well have a solution. My cars going to be black anyway so at least putting dark door and dash inserts etc might work as I think it's the silver bits that grate when I looked at the Astra Design. It'll be black on black in black - but I like black!!

Comment

Yeah if you change the silver... if you read this thread in it contains some piccies of the interior as it is now, that's if you havent seen it properly.

I do like the VX carbon effect. I didn't really like the silver in my sxi

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=3145

Comment

The piano black IMHO looks far more classy than the silver. It is used to great effect on Monaro (has been for some years) and on the new Corsa. The trim is the same as the Design you mention. The brushed silver effect married to it lifts the dash very well over the previous. But, each to their own.
          Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

also the new aston dbs is goin to have a piano black centre console, although it has to be said it does look slightly better!

Comment

Originally posted by caspy
              The piano black IMHO looks far more classy than the silver. It is used to great effect on Monaro (has been for some years) and on the new Corsa. The trim is the same as the Design you mention. The brushed silver effect married to it lifts the dash very well over the previous. But, each to their own.
              i'm with caspy on this one,

im in the same boat as you company car(you need to change that tag ) as i too ordered my car about a month ago just as the interior transition was taking place, they told me only the carbon inserts were going to piano black which was wrong, i knew more about the car than the dealers did, but i was chuffed when i found out it was the centre console, plus satin silver inserts are better imo than carbon fibre "effect" inserts. im gettin a black car too, howver saying this i would be naffed off if they had not told me this was going to happen, and would also be naffed off it i had ordered a blue car, as blue and black dont really go imo, but piano black is much better with red , silver and black.

one gripe with the new interior is that vauxhall have no attention to detail what so ever, it's a small thing i picked up, but these things annoy me all the same, if you look closely on the steering wheel picture on the new interior you will see they are using the old vxr badges with silver beteen the letters rather than black, it looks like they forgot to paint between the letters when they use it on the new interior if you know what i mean.?

how it is:

how it should be:

Comment

i will make judgement on the piano black when i physically see it for myself

Comment

Likewise, I'm still not sure about the interior and at the moment my gut feeling is that I prefer the original however will reserve final decision until I see one in the flesh.

Comment

Thanks for your views, I'll probably warm to it in the flesh when I live with it and maybe I'm a bit out of touch with what looks good (yikes - I'm turning into my dad!!).

I have been in a car with acres of Piano Black, but that was a Rolls Phantom and it was so beautifully done - veneers with glorious chrome buttons etc that it worked very well. (scary to think that it'd also probably dust a VXR in the traffic light GP - truly mad car). I've also seen it done in the Contiental GT and Aston as well - but these guys are using really stunning veneers with real integration. I'll see if GM have pulled it off with plastic I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                      Likewise, I'm still not sure about the interior and at the moment my gut feeling is that I prefer the original however will reserve final decision until I see one in the flesh.
                      I agree but with the VX orange lighting... I do think I will feel like i'm back in the 80's.... well leggings are fashionable again!!

Comment

well as i said in the other thread, i much prefer the black. I happen to think its far more classy!

Wanna swap your motor for mine? Then you can have silver and i can have the black!

Comment

if you like it then hear you chance to buy it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CD30-MP3-STEER...QQcmdZViewItem

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Yep i must admit i have warmed to it now and after speaking to caspy he assures me that in his opinion it looks correct......

My goal for the interior of my car when it arrives to be honest was to change the centre console and trim to gloss black so have been on the phone and am having some piano black door strips and dash strips priced and then made up as we speak.....

Having seen the piano black in the corsa this is not a cheap plastic look at all and i think it will close the interior in surrounding me nicely all in black especially at night when eventually it will all glow arden blue!!!

Matches my gloss black sat nav perfectly.....
                            HeavenlyDetail
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

is it possible to buy the piano black console pieces and have the standard older silver bits replaced
                              Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Working...
                              X