This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Knock

I was wondering if I could ask you lucky VXR owners something, I have an Astra H at the moment (interested in a VXR) and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue as myself with the steering or could maybe try this on their cars to see if it’s just me. I’m feeling some knocking through the steering, if I turn left in to a side street as I turn the wheel through the 90 degree angle I feel a knock/clunk or a series of them. I only notice it at slow speeds such as turning in to a side street, or parking up in a car park, basically something that requires to turn the wheel through that angle. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

I check the tyre pressures often enough and I don’t try and turn the steering wheel when the car is stationary.

Does anybody have any ideas? I had it checked over a while back and nothing was found, the thing is though I had the same problem on my Astra Coupe and each time the steering rack was replaced which fixed the problem for around 2000 miles, had it replaced twice in the end and it still came back.

Any ideas welcome!
    I'll just give it a quick wash!

have the same problem on my works van combo 1.7cdti have had the rack changed under warrenty.not had any probs with the vxr yet

Comment

if you mean a light clicking noise, then its the little spring inside the steering wheel that holds the airbag cables or sth like that. All they have to do is replace it or remove it all together. Its a rather common problem with Astra H.
      Blue Arden Astra OPC

Comment

Not had that happend to me sorry,

How you doin Michael Not seen your Vxr kicking around, been to kettering lately oh, did see one on deeble road the chap slowed down told me where he live just round the corner and say he mite pop round lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by M1-8hav
          Not had that happend to me sorry,

How you doin Michael Not seen your VXR kicking around, been to kettering lately oh, did see one on deeble road the chap slowed down told me where he live just round the corner and say he mite pop round lol.....
          doing ok was in kettering last night for a curry at thr bengal good food and cheap.are you going to the open day at the vxr performance centre
          on the 24/3 ????????????

Comment

Working...
          X