This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Seat Wearing >??????

Had the car now 1 month and the driver side right leather side is wearing like there is no 2moro, im not that much of a fat git....lol but do you think i should take it back to vauxhall ????? I have even got some Megs leather stuff but no used it yet just incase they say i have messed it up .....???? any help would be good....

right on the seem where the stitching is ???

mines startinga little there :?

Comment

You have just banged the nail on the head, yep where the stichin is, im guess as you get out the car your jacket/ coat rubs on it, i ite go into vauxhall 2moro???? i only got the car on 7th december....errrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Same happened to mine. Took it back to the dealers and they replaced it with a new one.

Now take more care getting into the car. No problems at the moment.

Comment

There are only some seats with those problems.
          Give it to Vauxhall, they will draw new leather on your seat, or maybe you'll get a completely new seat.

This problem is known by the Astra GTC (sri), and is always solved (sport seats, no Recaros).

So, don't worry!

Comment

had this myself well not wearing just creasing but again it is leather and leather adapts to your body movement
            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Deff will be from when i get it changed it looks naff, it looks like the leather has gone light from the rest of the seat.... Will get it changed ..... Thanks for that....

Comment

let us no how you go on, i may take ours back its only 8 mth old !!!

Comment

same happened with mine - but due to me having a re-trim i couldn't sort it under warrenty as they change the whole seat x so i've been in leicester today at Classic car services getting it sorted - looks great again now x

Comment

yeah mine did the same so i changed mine just before the year was up as trims are only covered in the first year warranty

Comment

Anyone got any pics of the wear?

I am paranoid as I only have 5 months left on the trim warranty and the bolster is starting to crease... (not wear as such) but I need to know how far yours have gone before Vaux will agree to change them...

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR
                        same happened with mine - but due to me having a re-trim i couldn't sort it under warrenty as they change the whole seat x so i've been in leicester today at Classic car services getting it sorted - looks great again now x
                        Steve is a1 isnt,t he!!!!

And my leather samples and snazzy photos sent lou must have been of your car last year......oohh errrr!!! :wink:
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Bit dark to take some now but will do 2moro.........

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                            Originally posted by LouiseVXR
                            Steve is a1 isnt,t he!!!!

And my leather samples and snazzy photos sent lou must have been of your car last year......oohh errrr!!! :wink:
                            ay? lol x sorry i don't get what you mean hun xx

Comment

Although not relavent to stitching falling apart these leather seats really need feeding once a month due to the look of the leather in my opinion and will help with the suppleness of the edges aswell...

Apart from zymol treat which is the best but expensive the product everyone on Detailing world and the porsche forums raves on about is gliptone....

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...roductID=10125

Not only does it feed the leather which means you will never get cracked seats it also restores the smell of the leather but i would presume the same as the zymol leather products you must warm the seats before applying to open the pores otherwise it wont work.... :wink:
                              HeavenlyDetail
                              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                              X