This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Superchips Map vs. Thorney Map

What are the differences between the standard Superchips Stage 1 map vs. the Thorney Stage 1 map for the Astra VXR?

Just curious.

Andy

The Superchips one will ruin your car and the Thorney one will enhance it.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_James
      The Thorney map is a Superchips map - it's just modified and I'd like to know how...

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by VXRNUTTER
        Originally posted by VXR_James
        The Thorney map is a Superchips map - it's just modified and I'd like to know how...

Andy
        Andy,

The TMS maps are available for Stage 2 & 3 cars aswell as stage 1, not just the std superchips re-map. The Superchips map was just the starting point.
        John uses information from the TMS dyno and their ongoing experience of the VXR and personally invests time with Superchips engineers in their development using that knowledge.
        I know that smoothness of power delivery and long term durability are key in a TMS map, plus the maps are continually updated and improved over time as experience grows, not just a one off.
        As for the exact technical process of modifying an ECU software map you would have to ask Mr Thorn
        You can obviously compare each set of power and torque curves on the Superchips and TMS web sites.

hth
        mark
        sigpic

Comment

Superchips map is different to the TMS map (even in stage 1 form) as we run a few different things on as regards throttle position and the application of the sport button). The stage2 and 3's are very very different. Simply ask for a TMS map from the SUperchips dealer and they can supply it.

Comment

Working...
          X