Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR nurburgring power loss!!

Hi all,

I have a 2008 astra vxr nurburgring, 72k miles, fully serviced and last services and MOTd in Feb.

I was just driving the car and it was fine until.... I pulled away and realised there was no longer a turbo whistle and a loss of power!!

Any advice anyone can give me ? Or good garages in the Aylesbury area!!

Thank you

Any error codes show up?

Astra

Comment

is there a warning light? car could of gone into limp mode.. could be boost pipe but you would still hear it spool up. maybe a seized turbo at worst. does it have any pull at all or does it feel like the turbo is non existent?

Comment

sorry to jump in but any one no why my mad reading is 297.50 g/s on idle iv got boost gauge so checked for boost an vacuum leaks all seems ok traction light an emissions on change maf sensor still the same

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr164 View Post
          Hi all,

I have a 2008 astra vxr nurburgring, 72k miles, fully serviced and last services and MOTd in Feb.

I was just driving the car and it was fine until.... I pulled away and realised there was no longer a turbo whistle and a loss of power!!

Any advice anyone can give me ? Or good garages in the Aylesbury area!!

Thank you
          My guess with the limited info would be stuck wastegate or broken actuator

Comment

Originally posted by antony latham View Post
            sorry to jump in but any one no why my mad reading is 297.50 g/s on idle iv got boost gauge so checked for boost an vacuum leaks all seems ok traction light an emissions on change maf sensor still the same
            Check the wiring

Comment

thanks for the reply iv checked the wiring the best I can without a multimeter seems ok traction light an emissions lights on as well would i still get that reading if there's no ground to the maf

Comment

update my barometric pressure is 100.50 boost pressure volts 0.63v boost pressure 100kpa all taken at idle if that helps only thing I can think of that happend is I fitted a 3inch top hat from txsport an the bolts wouldn't fit tied but I tryed it anyway an yh as u can guess it poped off so I limped the car home throw the top hat away an got me one from enhance performance 2.5inch i reset the codes car drove fine but the traction light an emissions light stayed on

Comment

Working...
                X