This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeks!

Ok where to start! My passenger side door card or something behind it rattles ! any suggestons? My passenger seat also makes the most annoying squeek when someone is sitting in it and you hit a slight bump. And lastly behind my rear drivers side speake something is also ratteling about like a screw or similar has came loose with vibration! Main question though is how do i go about removing the rear trim or can the speaker cover be removed sepratly? Dont want to force it in case it breaks! Any advice welcome! Cheers!

P.S I know my warranty covers these things i just would rather sort them myself as i hate leaving my car at vaux! I know that its stupid but just my paranoia side kickin in that its joyrided by mechanics!

Re: Squeeks!

Originally posted by zoomboy
    Ok where to start! My passenger side door card or something behind it rattles ! any suggestons? My passenger seat also makes the most annoying squeek when someone is sitting in it and you hit a slight bump. And lastly behind my rear drivers side speake something is also ratteling about like a screw or similar has came loose with vibration! Main question though is how do i go about removing the rear trim or can the speaker cover be removed sepratly? Dont want to force it in case it breaks! Any advice welcome! Cheers!

P.S I know my warranty covers these things i just would rather sort them myself as i hate leaving my car at vaux! I know that its stupid but just my paranoia side kickin in that its joyrided by mechanics!
    My speaker was viberating I took it in to VX to get it fixed while I waited it needed a replacement speaker, it did sound just like a loose screw tho.

Where about's are you as some of us may know of a local VX place where we go and trust.

I always try and get repairs while I wait... or take photos or mileage.... my other trick is arrive with about 3 on the range and it flashing red... if they take it out they just run out of petrol!!!

Comment

Where about's are you as some of us may know of a local VX place where we go and trust.

it says Perth, Scotland been long day mel
      :wink:

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave

very long day I'm still there for another 30mins aswell.

He could travel around or use perth as a locater like I did peterborough but lived 35miles away :? :? :? :? Or I should just read more than the post!!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
          Originally posted by vxrdave

very long day I'm still there for another 30mins aswell.

He could travel around or use perth as a locater like I did peterborough but lived 35miles away :? :? :? :? Or I should just read more than the post!!
          im the other way been off all week sick bag flu back to work tomorrow.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

The speaker rattles even when there is no music so am pretty sure the speaker aint blowen? Did your's rattle when not in use as well? If so looks like a trip to vaux! Not that they have ever done anything wrong just dont trust anyone else with my car!

Comment

The speaker rattles even when there is no music so am pretty sure the speaker aint blowen? Did your's rattle when not in use as well? If so looks like a trip to vaux! Not that they have ever done anything wrong just dont trust anyone else with my car!
              there is a problem with some kind of rivit that causes the glass to rattle in the door could be that not the speaker ???????????

Comment

Mine only viberated with music, so i dont think we have the same problem.

Comment

Seatbelt mechanism rattle

Now I know this is an old thread but I thought I would share my findings.

Removed seats, trim, etc and had a good luck at the rear OEM speaker - it was fine and therefore not the source of the rattle. By process of elimination discovered it was the front passenger side seatbelt roller mechanism (or whatever it is called). Something inside the roller is rattling away freely. Well, it is a sealed unit so I stopped there and built everything back up.

So anyone with a 'speaker rattle' - it may be your seatbelt!

Anyone successfully with a warranty claim on a seatbelt rattle? I mean never mind the annoyance (well not for me actually, but rear seat passengers sometimes comment), what about the safety aspect? Could be a part that's come loose therefore broken and/or unsafe = warranty?

Comment

Working...
                  X