This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXRPC

Calld them today, really helpful and nice, said I could go for a Stage 1 remap for £550 which would see a power hike, with sport button off of around 5% although it would feel smoothr so one could convince themselves they actualy had less power. Then with sport button on, could expect 270 - 280 BHP, and that was the max one could achieve with the standard exhaust. Sounds great so going to book it in...

They done my stage 2 done there on the open day back in Oct.... I fully recommend them. They got me in at less than a weeks notice and on a weekend coz I cudn't take time off weekday.

Tell Tony Mel says hi when you there.

I also got some carbon interior for mine aswell from them.

Comment

sounds good m8 , where abouts are vxpc ??

personally having had courtneys no one sales person talk to me (worsy ,im sure he on commision ) i will most probably use them . altho im going to see what DAP developments are doing before i make any final decisions :wink:

mainly due to them being located close to home :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by arden
        sounds good m8 , where abouts are vxpc ??

personally having had courtneys no one sales person talk to me (worsy ,im sure he on commision ) i will most probably use them . altho im going to see what DAP developments are doing before i make any final decisions :wink:

mainly due to them being located close to home :wink:
        they are not far from silverstone race circuit

Comment

cheers , that aint too bad a distance :wink:

altho not quite as close as DAP will be

most people on here seem to be either thorney or courts , is this just cos they are the better tuners ???????

Comment

most people on here seem to be either thorney or courts , is this just cos they are the better tuners ???????
            Don't go there

Been there before, and it just causes friction.

They are all good, and it's all personal choice at end of day.

Comment

Re: VXRPC

Originally posted by VXR_James
              Calld them today, really helpful and nice, said I could go for a Stage 1 remap for £550 which would see a power hike, with sport button off of around 5% although it would feel smoothr so one could convince themselves they actualy had less power. Then with sport button on, could expect 270 - 280 BHP, and that was the max one could achieve with the standard exhaust. Sounds great so going to book it in...
              Hey James. I have the same stage 1 remap with an otherwise standard car (for the moment!). I've done over 17k miles (since April last year) on it now and it still gives me so much pleasure!! I love it.

The thing I found with the remap though it that it is does feel as if the power is reduced but only to begin with. It's just because of the difference in throttle response when compared with the standard car. Even now, after over 17k miles, it still amazes me how much power is there, you just have to remember you have to put your foot down further to get it. The power delivery is so smooth and makes the car such a pleasure to drive.

The only problem I've had with that is when I've forgot that sport mode is on where the throttle response is pretty sensitive and I've stopped in traffic. I think a few people have wondered why I've suddenly revved the engine!

As for sport mode, well, I'm sure you've read enough comments to know how much that is liked!! Great for overtaking quickly and when you want a little fun (okay okay a lot fun!).

Just be careful when you leave VXRPC though. Further down the road is a fixed (front facing) camera in the 40mph zone but there can also be a camera van....I should know!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                Don't go there

oops sorry

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                  Don't go there

oops sorry
                  VXRPC and Courts do alot of work together and even work that close that I have had a joint job with both Courts and VXRPC involved on the same car. They developed the cooler (stage 3) together also.

Tuners are alot down to personal preference and past experiences etc.

Comment

Oh I would like to add if you do have any problems they have an amazing aftercare service. Tony and the guys there cannot be faulted in their product, service or aftercare.

Likewise can I add Courts are also fantastic at that.....

I cannot comment on the other tuners as I have not personally used them.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                      Originally posted by VXR_James
                      Hey James. I have the same stage 1 remap with an otherwise standard car (for the moment!). I've done over 17k miles (since April last year) on it now and it still gives me so much pleasure!! I love it.

The thing I found with the remap though it that it is does feel as if the power is reduced but only to begin with. It's just because of the difference in throttle response when compared with the standard car. Even now, after over 17k miles, it still amazes me how much power is there, you just have to remember you have to put your foot down further to get it. The power delivery is so smooth and makes the car such a pleasure to drive.

The only problem I've had with that is when I've forgot that sport mode is on where the throttle response is pretty sensitive and I've stopped in traffic. I think a few people have wondered why I've suddenly revved the engine!

As for sport mode, well, I'm sure you've read enough comments to know how much that is liked!! Great for overtaking quickly and when you want a little fun (okay okay a lot fun!).

Just be careful when you leave VXRPC though. Further down the road is a fixed (front facing) camera in the 40mph zone but there can also be a camera van....I should know!

Ian what do you mean when you say "you have to put your foot down further to get it" ?, is the turbo coming in not so much as a surge as on the standard map ?. Personally i like the shove at 2500rpms.

[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                        Oh I would like to add if you do have any problems they have an amazing aftercare service. Tony and the guys there cannot be faulted in their product, service or aftercare.

Likewise can I add Courts are also fantastic at that.....

I cannot comment on the other tuners as I have not personally used them.
                        That is true of all tuners from what I've heard. Not heard of any complaints of any. It's a just a pity it doesn't extend to other industries and companies in this country! If only the tuners had time to provide customer service training to other companies!!

Comment

go with the one you feel at ease with ,also if you have to go back to them if you have a problem (not very often) think of the distance you have to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR

That is true of all tuners from what I've heard. Not heard of any complaints of any. It's a just a pity it doesn't extend to other industries and companies in this country! If only the tuners had time to provide customer service training to other companies!!
                            Oh I wish they would to.... like the dealer who I brought my car from would be a good start!

Comment

Originally posted by cwvxr
                              Ian what do you mean when you say "you have to put your foot down further to get it" ?, is the turbo coming in not so much as a surge as on the standard map ?. Personally i like the shove at 2500rpms.
                              You know on the standard car that when you press the sport button the throttle response is increased? i.e. you don't have to press the pedal down as far to get the same power/revs.

Well, after the remap the throttle response is reduced from that of the standard map with sport off. This, at first, gives the impression that power is reduced. At least, that is what I thought when I took VXR PCs car out while mine was being checked and remapped. The power is there though but just delivered smoother. I now find that the TC doesn't come on in sport off mode when under full throttle because the power is delivered so much smoother rather than the aggressiveness of the standard map.

There appears to be quite a difference between the throttle response in sport off mode and that of sport on mode after a remap. Touching the throttle lightly gives a fair amount of revs...so nice!

I may be completely wrong here and it's an affect of the smoother power delivery but that is how it feels to me. A number of times now I have stalled the car when in sport off mode because I didn't have my foot down enough.

Is that any clearer? :?

Comment

Working...
                              X