This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Wheel VXR

Why or why is there not an easy solution to this problem !!!

I only want a spare wheel complete pack as fitted to the sport hatches as standard. Can someone source this complete package with the spacesaver tyre ???

After all its only an emergency get home I need so I can choose where & whom I will trust to change the tyre 4 me.

:? :? :?

Phone your local scrappy, they may have one or better still call in person and have a look around. I got mine a couple of weeks ago, wheel jack and brace, but no foam insert :? for £25+vat unused. Its the 16" spacesaver, so wont fit over the front but you can swap them round, and like you say its only to get you home. I did price up all new stuff when I picked the car up, but only got as far as £97 for the wheel and tyre

Comment

but wont a different size wheel mess up the aligment?

Comment

i like the idea of a space saver.
        i have a couple of scrapys near me,is there a certain model of vauxhall to look for? do any of the astras have spacesavers?

Comment

as far as im aware it is illegal to have a different size rim on the same axle. so by putting a 16 inch rim opposite a 19 or 18 would be illegal.

also if it was on the front it would knacker your diff having odd sizes on one side not to mention drive like a ****.
          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
            as far as im aware it is illegal to have a different size rim on the same axle. so by putting a 16 inch rim opposite a 19 or 18 would be illegal.

also if it was on the front it would knacker your diff having odd sizes on one side not to mention drive like a ****.
            Not sure your wright about that andy lots of cars have get you home space savers.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Do what i did and buy a standard 18" alloy fits in the tyre bay no probs!
              STEALTH

Comment

Originally posted by Dvader
                Do what i did and buy a standard 18" alloy fits in the tyre bay no probs!
                a vxr 18?
                how much?

Comment

Re: Spare Wheel VXR

Originally posted by Turbowayne
                  Why or why is there not an easy solution to this problem !!!

I only want a spare wheel complete pack as fitted to the sport hatches as standard. Can someone source this complete package with the spacesaver tyre ???

After all its only an emergency get home I need so I can choose where & whom I will trust to change the tyre 4 me.

:? :? :?
                  i think a 16" vectra c steel wheel will do the job,looking in2 this at mo,my mate drives a vectra vxr traffic car so he will get me the part no of the spare wheel or the code.the vec vxr has huge front brakes so im sure the same spare the old bill use will do the job as they dont carry space savers or stupid kits

Comment

£220 if i remember including conti tyre jack and wheel wrench.
                    STEALTH

Comment

It wont knacker the diff, nor is it illegal (at least if it has just happened and you are taking it for repair)

The space savers are usuallly designed to be the same rolling diameter as the rest of the wheels anyway...

Comment

is there a space saver in the vauxhall family that would do?
                        i like this idea more than carting another heavy alloy around in the boot.

Comment

In the hand book page 328 it says Z 20 LEH (VXR) temporary spare T115/70 R 16, which is what I have, so I am happy to use it should the need arise

Comment

Just picked up a 17" Vectra SRI alloy (Which IS compatible) for £40 so will use that with either a 215/50/17 which I already have or a 205/50/17 - so that the carpet doesnt raise up as much (but is it worth it for all of 10mm?)

Just need to go down to VX now and pick up the rest of the kit needed - jack etc...

Comment

Originally posted by willf
                              It wont knacker the diff, nor is it illegal (at least if it has just happened and you are taking it for repair)

The space savers are usuallly designed to be the same rolling diameter as the rest of the wheels anyway...
                              it may not be illigal to have temporary spare wheel on to get you out of the **** but having a different size wheel on the front of your car WILL eventually knacker your diff.

both wheels will be constantly going at different speeds and eventually your diff will give up. it might take a while but it will happen. this isnt me thinkin of stuff. this is fact.

why do you think vaux didnt put a spare wheel in the vxr but they do every other car?? there must be a reason.

the illigal thing is debatable as it is a temporary fix as i say.

i agree most space savers are the same rolling radius as the factory wheels but the vxr doesnt have one so by using a space saver off another car you are using a different rolling radius.

and my girlfreind has just pointed that she had a blow out and when the aa bloke turned up he said it was actually illigal to put her space saver on as she had 17inch after market wheels fitted.
                              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X