X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANY IDEAS?

Finally got my car back 6 weeks to replace a clutch
    anyone any idea of how to get rid of the smell of burnt clutch from the car? Not to bad when the heater is off but when you turn it on it nips your eyes. Outside the car is strong too!!. new clutch is fine just the ghost of the last one lingering. may be a silly question but at the time of changing clutches could the garage have used some kind of solution or the likes to get rid of the smell from the housing? If i wanted to sell the car any time soon i could not as any buyer would think the clutch was slipping!!
    vauxhall keep putting me from one bad situation to another
    Will the smell last & how long?

Any help with these questions would be appreciated :wink:

thats a tough one yosh.i once had a 205 xs(boy racer days)
    that stunk to hi heaven for about 3 months once i burnt the clutch out.
    i can only think of getting all your interior cleaned with some febreze type stuff. and drive with your windows down as much as possible.
    the smell will go away,eventually

Comment

Thanks leepy! That was the kind of answer i was hoping not to
      here, but suspected! after the problems i want to sell and am now stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

if it is dry you could leave the car with the windows down with the heater on full belt and see if it could flush the smell out a bit.

Comment

how about one of the air con clean outs that may help, think thay spray some sort of stuff in to it plus pollen filter change if it as one?.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Hi dave! do you think this should have been done at time of clutch change ie (under warranty) it was vauxhalls clutch that failed, i am now left with the consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshitoshi
              Hi dave! do you think this should have been done at time of clutch change ie (under warranty) it was vauxhalls clutch that failed, i am now left with the consequence.
              you can but try, if the clutch had not failed you would not have the smell ?
              must be somthing that can be done the filter would be my starting point see if thay carnt change it and im sure if need be the cleaner freshener stuff would help. try the dealer its worth a chance, noting to loose.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
              X