X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picking mine up 1st of march

W'sup all ?
    Picking up my astra vxr around march 1st, so i can get the 07 plate, cant wait. Been reading everything on here over the last few days, and i have to say, you guys and girls really know your stuff, some of the upgrades you've done sound awsome. Anyway.....Was wondering if you have any advice for when i get my car, appart from the not putting my foot down until i've got some millage behind me. any info will be gr8.
    cheers all

Trade it in for an ST? :wink:

Comment

spray it pink!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
        spray it pink!
        You can't steal me and Lou's idea and project!!!

My only suggestion is just enjoy and if you can change the oil after about 5k once the engine has bedded in.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_James
          New login but same old crap postings.

Comment

use tesco's 99 super or shell v power to get the best out of the car i ran mine up to 1000 miles after about 400 give it a spurt every now and then and watch the kerbs cos the wheels scuff easy ask me wife and welcome to the site mike you will love trhe car what colour you getting ?
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
              use tesco's 99 super or shell v power to get the best out of the car i ran mine up to 1000 miles after about 400 give it a spurt every now and then and watch the kerbs cos the wheels scuff easy ask me wife and welcome to the site mike you will love trhe car what colour you getting ?
              Worsy - dont blame your wife when she cant defend herself...

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                Originally posted by DargY
                spray it pink!
                You can't steal me and Lou's idea and project!!!

My only suggestion is just enjoy and if you can change the oil after about 5k once the engine has bedded in.
                OK purple!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                  Originally posted by VXR_James
                  New login but same old crap postings.
                  Its not is it???

Comment

Re: picking mine up 1st of march

Originally posted by Mikemare
                    W'sup all ?
                    Picking up my astra VXR around march 1st, so i can get the 07 plate, cant wait. Been reading everything on here over the last few days, and i have to say, you guys and girls really know your stuff, some of the upgrades you've done sound awsome. Anyway.....Was wondering if you have any advice for when i get my car, appart from the not putting my foot down until i've got some millage behind me. any info will be gr8.
                    cheers all
                    Hi Mike, just take it easy i suppose until you get used to it. What did you have before?

Comment

Re: picking mine up 1st of march

Originally posted by m4rtc

Hi Mike, just take it easy i suppose until you get used to it. What did you have before?
                      Once you used to it,,, stage 1, 2 and 3!!!

Comment

Getting the arden blue, not quite sure about the pink, but thanks anyway! Had a 02 focus ST170 until recently, so gotta get used to the vxr for a lil while yet. How long do you think i should leave the engine bed in before I start adding extra's, or even re-mapping???

Comment

i left mine around 1500 to 2000 miles before i started giving it some welly

Comment

I was told to keep it low revs until about 400 miles but i caved in at 350. Probably best to give it 1000 miles before doing mods. They inprove with miles anyway.

Comment

i did 1500 then went straight for stage 3 wow what a difference and mel she's knows she does it cos she drives it all day every day i only get it at weekends any way got a mate who is on here leelee who is opening up a body shop and can do my wheels for me wahaaaaaay
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X