Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RECALLS AGAIN JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECALLS AGAIN JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION.

HI GUYS AND GIRLS,
    I HAVE HAD MY VXR SINCE APRIL 06 WELL AS WE ALL KNOW WHAT A CRACKING CAR.JUST A QUICK QUESTION REF RECALLS YES EVERYBODYS FAVORITE I KNOW.JUST WONDERED IF SOMEBODY COULD LIST FOR ME ALL RECALLS ON THE VXR TO DATE.BUT MY MAIN QUESTION IS I HAVE HAD THE CAR NEARLY A YEAR NOW AND I HAVE NOT REC ANY RECALL NOTIFICATIONS AT ALL.SHOULD I HAVE REC ANY,WHAT DO YOU GUYS/GIRLS ADVISE.

REGARDS TONY.

if you havent had 1 i wouldnt worry but you could nip in to your dealers and ask them they should know for ya mate and welcome to the site \/ \/ \/
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Re: RECALLS AGAIN JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION.

Originally posted by mad for it VXR
      HI GUYS AND GIRLS,
      I HAVE HAD MY VXR SINCE APRIL 06 WELL AS WE ALL KNOW WHAT A CRACKING CAR.JUST A QUICK QUESTION REF RECALLS YES EVERYBODYS FAVORITE I KNOW.JUST WONDERED IF SOMEBODY COULD LIST FOR ME ALL RECALLS ON THE VXR TO DATE.BUT MY MAIN QUESTION IS I HAVE HAD THE CAR NEARLY A YEAR NOW AND I HAVE NOT REC ANY RECALL NOTIFICATIONS AT ALL.SHOULD I HAVE REC ANY,WHAT DO YOU GUYS/GIRLS ADVISE.

REGARDS TONY.
      My VXR is May 06 & yes u guessed it. No Official recalls at all !!!

Comment

ooops just realised you have 32 posts thought it said 1
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

1 st march 06 ive had nout at all, but have changed the plugs and i have the bump stops, ive checked

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Mines going in early next week for the bump stop check but it's a 56 reg.

ooops just realised you have 32 posts thought it said 1
            You been on the drink mate

Comment

i have a 55 plate, i have had the plugs done but i didnt no anything about the bump stops. how do i no if this needs doing????? can you phone someone???

Comment

Phone the dealer where you bought it from and give them the VIN number, they will tell you if it's on a recall list or not.

Comment

don't rely on the dealers telling you cause if you do then you probably will have a perfect car with no recalls

Comment

Just back from the dealers, I got a letter about taking the car in to get the suspension bump stops checked - bump stops are present but spark plugs are wrong and will need changing. This is on a 06 model, car goes back in in 2 weeks for the correct plugs (garage has none in stock), when they fit the new plugs should they run the vehicle with Tech 2 connected to monitor the Coil Packs or should the coil packs just be changed ??

Comment

make sure they change the coil pack aswell, but tell them cause they might not !!

Comment

The coil pack change isn't a 100% requirement, some cars need it some don't, all depends on whats happened while the plugs have been wrong. A quick test with the Tech 2 is all it needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                          The coil pack change isn't a 100% requirement, some cars need it some don't, all depends on whats happened while the plugs have been wrong. A quick test with the Tech 2 is all it needs.
                          John, could you tell me whats involved in the `Quick Test` with the Tech 2.

Comment

I would say, plugging it into the laptop and checking for any retard!! at a guess!!!! :wink:

Comment

Working...
                            X