This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting an aftermarket double din head unit

I was wondering if any of you guys had replaced the original factory fitted stereo with an aftermarket one.

The reason I ask the qustion is because I would like to fit my double din Alpine head unit into my VXR, however, the unit appears to be considerably smaller than the ffs. After speaking to my local audio dealer they have told me that to overcome the problem I would have to buy the single din surround and then carefully cut the hole out to size and then spray it to match the colour of the centre console. Is this true?

If any of you have fitted a different stereo could you please advise me of how you did it, pictures appreciated too if any available.

My mate Basil has fitted his double din alpine into his VXR - no problems
    more details here:

http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91538

Hope that helps.
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

Ok but i wonder how he operates the climate control as it uses the std screen?

Comment

The display is still where the display is ????
        ..double din facia just replaces standard stereo
        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
        The truth is out there ...

Comment

I`m desperate to install my Alpine unit w200 into my VXR, however I`m really struggling to buy the fascia plate, connects2 have not got any in stock yet and cant give me a date, so does anyone know anywhere else that I may be able to try.

Comment

Nope, Connects2 are the only ones that sell as they are a product developed by them, so unfortunately you will have to be patient. I will enquire on your behalf with there product manager when the new stock is expected in the country and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
            X